Aqueduct Charity Trial: This Sunday Dec 9th

(RIP) DitchWater

I fell ill once...
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
If anyone fancies another orienteering exercise this Sunday to go and see a Tosser or two ride an old trials bike in the mud and water for fun, then have a look HERE for details.
This is a charity event and the riders have been asked to ride in fancy dress rather than the lycra pajamas which some riders bring along.

There will be proper catering to keep the cold out. :fnikefork

Drop this address "Nant Ucha, Garth, LL20 7YH" into Google and the map should give you a good idea about where to head for. Also there should be markers at the road side guiding you in from the A539.

P.S. If you're coming on your GS be careful on the smaller road leading to the trial. I have been informed that it is do-able on a big bike but something smaller would make life easier if you don't have knobbly tyres.

Good heads up, Paul

From the T&MX website (Trials and Motocross News)

Aqueduct Classics. Open Charity Trial in aid of Froncysyllte School at Kynastons, Nant Uchaf, Garth, Wrexham, Wrexham (LL20 7YH). 11am. 01691-773253 or 07972-867135.

JB, Will we see you there? If you bring your bike you could keep yourself nice and warm over four laps. :moped:

Mark and I will be there, just going to sort my bike ready for it:bounce1

JB, Will we see you there? If you bring your bike you could keep yourself nice and warm over four laps. :moped:

Unfortunately not...............& they would only scoff because I was riding a modern bike

A nice Bultaco has a certain appeal, let's see what 2013 brings

It was a tad cold at times and when the wind blew you could hear it coming before it arrived. Nevertheless there was tea and rolls on hand to comfort the soul.

This place was a lot easier to find and didn't require a satnav to find the lane which was not a problem for a GS with decent tyres. I even saw somebodies 1200 Bandit parked near my TTR? :nenau

Initially it looked like the other trials I've been to recently with a range of differently classed bikes and riders but there was a large contingent which had take the plunge and rode in fancy dress costumes.

There were less observed sections at this event per lap but five laps were required to be completed in order to attain a finish and be scored.

The usual trials look for a classic's rider...

DSC02482.jpg

...with a range of challenges set out for your skill level...

DSC02486.jpg

...and even the opportunity to give yourself and your bike a bath if you loop-it exiting the brook. :blast

DSC02496.jpg

The brook is less broad here but there seems to be larger rocks and less scope for a wobble before hitting the banks.

DSC02540.jpg

DSC02526.jpg

Those who ride as Experts do not get the easy route straight through the brook but have to ride in & out to demonstrate their skills...

DSC02546.jpg

Not as easy as it looks when it starts getting wet. :rob

DSC02547.jpg

Eventually physics takes over the bike on the steep climb and slippery mud. :augie

DSC02548.jpg

Our own Timolgra and earthmover were there to ensure that standards were maintained, and give me an excuse to get out for a day on the bike. :thumb

Timolgra
DSC02521.jpg

A difficult section for everyone riding the Clubmans & Expert class trying to ride between the two trees to the left.

earthmover
DSC02510.jpg

Wearing a Onesie seems to help?

This being a charity trial, and fancy dress, (Mark doesn't normally wear his Onsie outdoors) there was a veritable display of imagination as to what to wear whilst getting hot and muddy on a motorcycle.

Yes. Your arse really is that big. :comfort

DSC02530.jpg

Being a Road Racer and fitting a fairing to the bike didn't really help with getting the laps done any quicker but it did look funny within this environment...

DSC02550.jpg

DSC02524.jpg

There were Spiv's in suits...

DSC02514.jpg

...and soldiers in uniform...

DSC02518.jpg

...and if those two above can talk about Dad's Army together, I can't imagine what this lot are discussing. :nenau

DSC02556.jpg

For all of those who rode today, and even those who donned additional clothing, the most noticable rider and passenger was this brave effort...

DSC02574.jpg

From what I saw they took on every section bravely but had to submit frequently to complexity of the run. They did very well and enjoyed themselves by smiling all day until the real Santa turned up and gave them the eye...

DSC02575.jpg

It was an excellent day! Trying the 50/50 route for the first time was a challenge, especially section 2!
Some people had really gone to a lot of trouble with their fancy dress, and made walking the sections a rather surreal experience.
Pity I forgot the memory card for the Gopro again, it could have made for some interesting footage!
Mark

And the prize goes to Timolgra - dressing up as a trials rider :D

And the prize goes to Timolgra - dressing up as a trials rider :D

No one was fooled though:D

No...............you or Tim:D

Mark rode 50/50 which was half Clubman/half Expert and had a clear win in his class with 35 points lost:clap

I was 6th out of 18 in the Clubman with 26 points lost:rolleyes:

So no clear winner between us this time....which is just as well:D

The Road Racer was TT Rider Paul "Moz" Owen. He likes doing a few Trials during the Winter. Top Fella.

A guy that can lap the IoM at 120mph and put in a top trials performance on a rigid Bantam:bow

Attachments

• 425606_4942173791339_1261288231_n.jpg
    425606_4942173791339_1261288231_n.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 43

Back
Top Bottom