DRZ handling problem.

Noddy

Some sort of clique thing
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Can't remember when it started but its gotten worse as the weather has changed.
Seems all skitterish and runs wide on the road, off road is very strange, front end seems to tuck in and the forks don't seem to handle the bumps anymore.

I've tightened the handlebars, put some 3in1 oil on the footrest mounts and emptied the tail pack but its just the same.

Do you think I ought to get a new seat ? One of the fitters at work ( Ex Harley rider ) recons that it needs a new O ring chain. I dunno as I got one of them from Greg a few years back but found it a right pain taking off the all O rings to grease the chain.

Beats me, if you can help please post up. :confused:

Attachments

• 11052008096 (Small).jpg
    11052008096 (Small).jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 485
There's always one isn't there :blast

It's yer boggin' wheels ya plonker..................:rolleyes:

They're different colours :rob

Andres

Changing the chain won't affect the handling. Putting oil on your pegs wo t affect the handling.

Check the clicks on your suspension.
Check the pressure in your tyres
Check to see that you have no oil leak from your forks. That will be a start.

You need a smaller number plate. That one is messing up yer weight distribution!

handle

try the wishing well, it worked for me...:blagblah

I would say get a pair of matching tyres, off road rear and tarmac front is never going to work :beerjug:

Obvious i know, but have you tried changing the engine oil , If the oil has been in too long it can foam a bit and that weight shift might be changing the bikes whole handling character:thumb2

Its your boots i reckon, slight wear in the insole leads to weight distribution moving down so lowering your COG, this will lead to understeer and over posting IME

You should ride it side-saddle. It'll sharpen up the handling as long as you only want to go left.

I had one, never handled very well especially off road! Bag o pooh imo :(

Whooooosh

There you have it, needs a bag of pooh strapped to the front mudguard:thumb

I had one, never handled very well especially off road! Bag o pooh imo :(

Bollox.....

Funny really....as much as I try to, I can not remember ever being overtaken by anyone whilst I was riding my DRZ or trails or off-road.......
Maybe I have been doing something wrong.....:rolleyes: So, just to make sure, everyone on my trailride tomorrow, me being the only DRZ on it, all the other cnuts are getting a beasting from me......oh, did I mention that the rest are riding Husabergs.
Shit, I'm feeling threatened now........ like fuck!:comfort

front and back ends will never be balanced with that set up,get the swingarm powder coated black (satin) that should co-ordinate things nicely

Bollox.....

Funny really....as much as I try to, I can not remember ever being overtaken by anyone whilst I was riding my DRZ or trails or off-road.......
Maybe I have been doing something wrong.....:rolleyes: So, just to make sure, everyone on my trailride tomorrow, me being the only DRZ on it, all the other cnuts are getting a beasting from me......oh, did I mention that the rest are riding Husabergs.

Funnily enough I was telling someone earlier there's no trail in N Wales you can't breeze up on the DRZ:mad:

:thumb

Still waiting to find some front springs for mine. Sprung for a 75kg rider as standard, it'll work well for me; as long as only my left leg is going for a ride:blast
Rear spring is easy to source, but the fronts seem to be a USA purchase only these days.

Bollox.....

If you are "beasting" :tosser all other riders on other bikes, you are obviously soooooo much of a better rider than anyone else! :rolleyes:

or it could be just "bollox"...... ;)

They stopped selling DRZ's for a reason, they weren't that good and therefore didn't sell very well. Get over it! :nenau

Made oi chuckle this did :D
Lots of buttons, well and truly pushed :clap

It's bloody obvious Graham.......undo the fekking padlock holding it on to that porch or bootiful wishing well or whatever the fuck it is :blast

Back
Top Bottom