Freeride 350

Chris Evans has been singing it's praises and highlighting a few things he doesn't like as well in the last couple of issues of TBM.
You may well know that already of course but if you don't, the bike has featured a fair bit in the TBM mag recently.

free ride

yes another ktm ,its not a trials bike not enduro. seem jack of all trades master of none ,same as scorpa t-ride. Mrs evans said it was good but !!!! put it back in the van and rode his ktm 300 seem a model for when we dont know what to ride might aswell have a sarrow !!!!

350 free ride

I bought one a few months ago as I wanted it as an intro to riding off road - really impressed with it - build quality is really good and you can throw it around its so light and plenty quick enough for me - standard tyres are shite for uk though.

Free ride 350

Standard tyres fine in dryish conditions but slight bit of mud and they just fill in :(

Right then

I can now answer my own question having ridden a 200 mile old bike I can say with confidence that it ain't no EXC :augie

OK so the last KTM I had was a 400 and before that I had two 525's but by 40mph the little Freeride was in top and by 60mph it was reving it's bollocks off so much that the vibration through the bars was becoming painful. That's not something that my other EXC's ever did. Yes it's light but the brakes were awful lacking both feel and bite! I even managed to do a few lanes on it but the Trials type tyres again aren't up to much clogging up with mud as soon as they go trough it

I really wanted to like the Freeride but simply couldn't. I'm so glad I had the opportunity to ride one off road before shelling out over £6k for a new one. I'd have really been pissed off if I'd done that :blast

My quest for a new green laner continues :clap

Thanks for posting !
I was seriously considering a purchase. Looks like the XR will stay a little longer.

The dealer I borrowed the Freeride from told me they had a 60 year old guy who is new to trail riding test it on Saturday and they said that he seems keen. He currently rides a Mk2 CRM and thinks the CRM is "too quick" :rob

I rode a Freeride for the first day of a Patsy Quick level 2 course. I was supposed to be riding a 690 Enduro but it was very boggy and Clive thought the conditions were too dicy.

Yes, the Freeride is very light and it had decent tyres fitted, but I didn't get on with it and the brakes were extremely iffy. I insisted on riding the 690 on the second day and much preferred it.

The free ride is the BMX of the dirtbike world. You wouldn't use one to travel far.

I rode the freeride at Patsy's and was disappointed, It had bmx brakes, spun up revvy engine and was far too tiny for my 6'2" frame. Felt like I was on a kiddies push along bike when I was standing up on the pegs.

I'll stick with my 690 thanks.

Back
Top Bottom