HORN for GS1200 2013

edwgordon

Reaction score
BMW horn is useless. Any ideas ?? Stebel .... anyone know if it will fit into 2013 model ?

Do you actually mean the LC? Not sure how you can say its useless when the bike isn't out or how anybody can make recommendations either.

Welcome there edwgordon :thumb

Horn? Never use them myself, only ever gets 'peeped' at MOT time ;)
:beerjug:

Assessment based on CURRENT and prior horns and assumption that NEW one will be no better. Not sure what you mean by LC. Perhaps some folks out there have swopped out in current models and have some recommendations.

Thanks for the welcome. I have really loud horns on my V Strom and ROAD KING and they really make a difference. Maybe it's in my head but thats the way I feel about it. Be well and safe riding..... Ed

Assessment based on CURRENT and prior horns and assumption that NEW one will be no better. Not sure what you mean by LC. Perhaps some folks out there have swopped out in current models and have some recommendations.

He means Liquid Cooled

All std horns are crap I've found so its a Stebel every time :thumb2

Think you just put it on as an attachment Mark

Just look at the bottom of the page when posting at the 'Manage attachments' bit & follow the instructions :thumb

Had a Stebel Magnum fitted which was rubbish so I bought a Stebel Nautilus and fitted that as well as the Magnum, much, much better. People really know your there when it is used.

WHich bike and year and did it require special relays for CAN BUS ? Thanks.Ed

BMW horn is useless. Any ideas ?? Stebel .... anyone know if it will fit into 2013 model ?

As posted above my horn is rarely used,

Use as a horn warning is rarely effective, use to advise the other driver that you disapprove of their latest manoeuvre is pointless and illegal.

Rather than reaching for the horn a rider is far better off scrubbing off speed and taking avoiding action.

On a bike defensive riding is the only long term option (and I drive my car, camper van and C1 with this attitude)

A basic rule of thumb - if you have to hit something hit it SLOWLY !

As posted above my horn is rarely used,

Use as a horn warning is rarely effective, use to advise the other driver that you disapprove of their latest manoeuvre is pointless and illegal.

Rather than reaching for the horn a rider is far better off scrubbing off speed and taking avoiding action.

On a bike defensive riding is the only long term option (and I drive my car, camper van and C1 with this attitude)

A basic rule of thumb - if you have to hit something hit it SLOWLY !

AGREE entirely BUT if a fella wishes to have a really loud horn .........

Had a Stebel Magnum fitted which was rubbish so I bought a Stebel Nautilus and fitted that as well as the Magnum, much, much better. People really know your there when it is used.

Apparently the `Ultimate Blast` I did for Norman is the nautilus - i`ll find some images.............

Did this work.......

I`ve tried to attach a pdf - did it work..................?

Attachments

• Ultimate Blast Horn Fitting Instructions R1200GSA.pdf
    129.9 KB · Views: 237
8303565198_d3bccfbb28.jpg
[/url] horn fitted full left lock by cymarceng, on Flickr[/IMG]

This is an image of the ultimate blast horn we can get from Nippy Norman - this was my original solution for fitting it but i eneded up fitting it higher up using the ESA anchor point as a sturdy location for it - I`d suggest that if anyone wanted one of these horns to a) purchase it for NN (naturally I am a big fan of his but I can assure you its all merited) and b) if you have ESA fitted then fit it like i have done in the image - i`ll happily send you a bracket if you promise to buy me wine.......:bounce1

I believe it should fit mate - send me some images (or post them here) of the fastener area and I`ll be better placed to tell you - is your bike ESA or non ESA?

Back
Top Bottom