Bridges to cross

nud1e

Reaction score
Bit under the weather, housebound and bored, so I wonder how many bridges over the Shannon?
Would it be possible to cross all of them only once, and not cross your own path?

The waypoints are attached.
One bridge leads to a dead end, but I've worked out a route that's 5 hrs of riding and meets all the requirements.

Attachments

• Shannon Bridges waypoints.gdb
    2.9 KB · Views: 107
Thats like trying to cross Dublin without passing a pub.:beerjug:

Bit under the weather, housebound and bored, so I wonder how many bridges over the Shannon?
Would it be possible to cross all of them only once, and not cross your own path?

The waypoints are attached.
One bridge leads to a dead end, but I've worked out a route that's 5 hrs of riding and meets all the requirements.

You got any plans to do this. Wouldn't mind tagging along and getting to meet some of you fellows.

Nice one Nud1e :thumb2
When's the run ? :D

will you ever feck off, didn't I tell you I was poorly, housebound and today I'm having the after effects of too much shredded crispy duck in pancakes, howsin sauce etc.
The Singapore noodles main course didn't help either.

Any way, I've yet to find an exit on the Clare side of the UL campus and the start would probably be in Blacklion and follow the river downstream.

All I need now is for some fecker to tell me that there's another bridge I didn't know off and ye can all take a running fekkin jump off that one.

Oh, and a Happy feckin New Year.

Now sod off and gave my head peace.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mXQO8MCp9N8?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

frank youre in the middle south is easy for ya :D

nudie - what the cute ballix said :thumb :bow

I know that why it sounds like a good run for me I am half way to the start and finish

.....Any way, I've yet to find an exit on the Clare side of the UL campus and the start would probably be in Blacklion and follow the river downstream.

All I need now is for some fecker to tell me that there's another bridge I didn't know off and ye can all take a running fekkin jump off that one...........

Grumpy & I did this yesterday.
Found an exit out of the UL campus but did not ride across the foot bridge - security staff were monitoring us.
Things above Dowra are a bit more complex but no time to go into detail right now.Got through Athlone by the skin of our teeth before the Paddys day parade closed things down. Bannagher was closed down but a bit of kerb hopping & ignoring a no exit sign got us sorted.

Attachments

• Start.jpg
    Start.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 166
  • Finish.jpg
    Finish.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 164
there is an old foot bridge down by the campus in UL. we used cross over it to head to a pud. not sure the name

there is an old foot bridge down by the campus in UL. we used cross over it to head to a pud. not sure the name

There's two & a road bridge.
1 is the road bridge - there is a way out on the Clare side but is is a pedestrian route. :augie
Speaking of pedestrian routes the two footbridges are 2 which is new & very avant garde - runs between buildings & motorbike access is a non runner. 3 is much older but again without looking too closely access would be an issue.
There is also a footbridge upsteram in Castleconnell but there is no road access to it from Castleconnell.

Attachments

• U L.jpg
    U L.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 113
ah memories, 1 is a standard road to the new campus. 2 is foot bridge, short one and has pillars either side

3 is one i used take from college to head up to a pub in clare during college nights

from memory there was a small slip gate thik on one side not sure. used call it the black bridge

There's two & a road bridge.
1 is the road bridge - there is a way out on the Clare side but is is a pedestrian route. :augie
Speaking of pedestrian routes the two footbridges are 2 which is new & very avant garde - runs between buildings & motorbike access is a non runner. 3 is much older but again without looking too closely access would be an issue.
There is also a footbridge upsteram in Castleconnell but there is no road access to it from Castleconnell.

3 is the Black Bridge and it's closed due to flood damage and inactivity by a multiplicity of agencies. Anyway, no access from the Limerick side.
2 is the Living Bridge, a footbridge with a light deck.
1 is the road bridge and there are 2 possible bike exits to a road on the Clare side.
There is foot path from the road bridge to the Black bridge and a path along the canal to the road, unfortunately there is stile (with wood screws) and a gate with a padlock (just need a screwdriver and a key)

.....2 is the Living Bridge, a footbridge with a light deck.
1 is the road bridge and there are 2 possible bike exits to a road on the Clare side.............

Found one of the exits to the County Clare - crossed 28 bridges by GS yesterday + a 29th as I walked across the living bridge.

A grand day out I'd not have had unless you posted the idea - thanks. :bow

Back
Top Bottom