Ex Fred Merkel RC30

MarkShelley

Very similar to Paolo Maldini
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
In Classic & Motorcycle Mechanics they reckon an ex Merkel RC30 that is being auctioned at the Bristol show will fetch between 20 and 30K. Bearing in mind what `normal` ones go for I would have thought it has to be worth more than that. What do you reckon?

The auction is in Paris in early February, there is no auction at the Bristol show this year.

In Classic & Motorcycle Mechanics they reckon an ex Merkel RC30

Is this like the 1000's of Ex Barry Sheen RG500's that used to turn up in MCN all through the late 80's. Often because the owner begged a brake lever off someone in the paddock who reckoned the front wheel of his bike once had a part worn Ex Barry Sheene tyre fitted to it.

In my opinion most Ex race bikes turning up many years after the rider retired are going to be like Triggers Broom.

Often they have done a few more seasons racing during which time a few incidents have resulted in the frame / forks / swingarm/ bodywork, clocks, wheels, levers, pegs, bars etc all being replaced.

Don't stop them being worth a load of cash with the right documentation, but unless it was retired at the end of the season and has been in a glass case somewhere I would not want to pay a fortune for it.

Back
Top Bottom