Discounts on LC GS

roundincircles

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Dealers seem to be struggling for orders at the moment with ample stock available for March delivery. This may change when the Stella reviews are published next week.

What discounts do people expect? 10% seems the norm with 5% common as well.

Are you expecting to pay for fitting accessories? What discount off these dealer fit parts?

where do ypu get your info from? imo i doubt they will instantly devalue a new model by discounting it from the off:nenau

No chance of any discount when it's launched might get a free 1st service an extender fender that's it!

I reckon 15-20% discount should be achievable, new model and all that:D

Bare minimum I'd say! There's been so little interest in the replacement for what has consistently been the best selling bike for some years that I've heard rumours of the manufacturing plant going down to two shifts. It wouldn't surprise me if 20% was the very least that they will offer - they'll be desperate to shift units :D

Andres

imo i doubt they will instantly devalue a new model by discounting it from the off:nenau

Depends if it turns out to be a good seller or not................time will tell:nenau

Bare minimum I'd say! There's been so little interest in the replacement for what has consistently been the best selling bike for some years that I've heard rumours of the manufacturing plant going down to two shifts. It wouldn't surprise me if 20% was the very least that they will offer - they'll be desperate to shift units :D

Andres

Plenty of other good Adv bike offerings out there, from KTM, Triumph and Yamaha

Just sayin':D

Local dealer offered me a straight swop for this....I said no thanks, I'll keep it

Attachments

• broken-bike.jpg
    broken-bike.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 722
The 5 dealers I have approached have 3 bikes, each dealer, available for March delivery. They need to build an order bank to avoid discounts and they have offered discounts.

So right now discounts are available but if the reviews stimulate demand then circumstance will change.

For those of you who have made your minds up that discounts are a myth then stay happy because your dealer will love you......I respect your opinions.

Remember BMW produce 20,000 plus GS's per year. In these troubled times that's volume that needs shifting against new offers from KTM, Triumph, Honda and Ducati......in other words the market place is now crowded and buyers feeling the economic pinch. Overall BMW produce 500 bikes each day, they have to be sold.

Happy riding, roll on the Febuary test rides

Discounts

Dealers seem to be struggling for orders at the moment with ample stock available for March delivery. This may change when the Stella reviews are published next week.

What discounts do people expect? 10% seems the norm with 5% common as well.

Are you expecting to pay for fitting accessories? What discount off these dealer fit parts?

You've never dealt with BMW before, have you :eek::eek::eek:

You've never dealt with BMW before, have you :eek::eek::eek:

Well , I have enjoyed owning 4 BMW motorcycles over 55, 000 miles. All purchase new. At the moment I own a K1600 GTL E with 10500 miles completed.

Must say, paying headline price does grate and is not generally necessary but I did buy a Ducati Multistrada in 2011, the 1200 model, and only got the accessories and fitting discounted.

How about you?:hide

This has got to be a troll. I can't believe you guys are feeding this one :eek:

Why, 500 bikes per day need selling worldwide

Difficult economic times, nearly 15000 retail jobs lost or at risk since late Nov, plus Honda laying off 800 jobs (or don't you read the news)

If they don't sell enough, they will chop the price/add incentives or both

Remember there is not just the 12GS around now - there some cracking Adv tourers from Ducati/Triumph/Yamaha - all wanting a slice of its pie

2013 could be a difficult year for motorcycle sales

Take your blinkers off:rolleyes:

I have always got some sort of discount on BMW's. the first purchase was a RT1150 and I just got the accessories and first service thrown in.

The next two bikes were GS 1200 and got panniers and 20% of a satnav on the first and 8% on the second.

The K1600 I got 8%

I was first offered 5% on my LC GS and then 10%. I think the dealers are on 13 or 13.5 %

This has got to be a troll. I can't believe you guys are feeding this one :eek:

These are tough times and retailers / manufacturers are adapting. I've just ordered a new 4x4. BMW, Mercedes and Audi dealers all offered 11.5% but I ordered a Toarag at 15%.

Cars are a necessity unlike bikes which are a leisure purchase so retailers are under pressure. Discounts are a fact at this moment.

But if you want to believe retailers are not discounting so be it. Just start a thread about Full Price BMW bikes as you clearly would get more comfort and be content with the thread contributors.

I have always got some sort of discount on BMW's. the first purchase was a RT1150 and I just got the accessories and first service thrown in.

The next two bikes were GS 1200 and got panniers and 20% of a satnav on the first and 8% on the second.

The K1600 I got 8%

I was first offered 5% on my LC GS and then 10%. I think the dealers are on 13 or 13.5 %

out of interest what model have you gone for (which packs?) and in lay-mans terms whats the actual bottom line your paying?

Back
Top Bottom