Stella Alpina Rally 2005?

Striker

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anybody going to Stella Alpina Rally in 2005?

I'm thinking about going to the "Stella", anybody interested? or if you already have this trip planned, do you have room for one more?

Any tips on where to stay, what route etc,

I will camp but I would prefer to B&B.

Andy

Think Spanish Bob's arranging some sort of meet at this event, details on Advrider

I will be going next year.

Route will depend on the time available, but I hardly ever use motorways. Nor GPS.

I know that area of the Alps quite well and have a few off road bits that I missed this year to do.

The last time I took a tent I left it in Italy! Plenty of cheap hotels and B&Bs.

Noddy,

Sounds good, the only time I use the motorways myself is with the caravan!!

If you can let me know what you planning, the dates, ferry,etc.

I'm as interested in getting to and from the Stella as the weekend itself, not that I know a great deal about that to be honest.

All the best,

Andy

I'm planning on heading down for the ADVRider meet-up , and want to avoid the Autoroutes where possible - mainly coz my Dommie probably wouldn't take kindly to them :D

Haven't decided which route yet - I may take a fortnight off, go to see my parents in Somerset on the way, then Poole-Cherbourg or Poole-St Malo, then down the RNs over 2 or 3 days. Just bought a road atlas for France so I can sit down and plan during these lovely winter evenings :beer:

Spanish Bob's suggested dates are arrive by Saturday 9th July, 10th is the Stella, then 11th until whenever for exploring the local area.

Thanks guys,

I'll contact Bob and meet up with the ADVriders.

I'd like to go from Hull, but will check the cost first, otherwise it's from Dover on speedferries.

Can anybody suggest a good route, making the getting there and back as much fun as possible and of course staying off the m-ways if possible.

Andy

andy_mullin said:
Thanks guys,

I'll contact Bob and meet up with the ADVriders.

I'd like to go from Hull, but will check the cost first, otherwise it's from Dover on speedferries.

Andy

Just checked, going over to Zeebrugge on the 6th, coming back on the 15th would be £368 :eek:

I've sat down with the road atlas and gone along this route, but not sure how good it is:

Attachments

• calaistooulx.doc
    79 KB · Views: 68
Oh aye....

I'll be there. If you go with Spanish Bob, don't ride too close to him on any scenic bits of road....:D :D :D :cool:

If going to the Stella Alpina, P&0 currently have a promotion that's cheaper than the MCN discount.

We're planning a sailing from Dover at 1640 on 06/07 & returning on 12/07 at 1840 local time. MCN discounted price for one person & one bike is £78.00, offer price with P&O is only £66.50.

Not to bad, in the past, similar sailings at similar times have been quoted as over £100.00.

Not sure about the Stella dates, but SpeedFerries quoted me £38 for a 2 week crossing in June recently.

Worth checking out?

Iain

Myself and Ian B are going to the Stella, but we're going down the week before.
See you down there!

Iain Hogg said:
Not sure about the Stella dates, but SpeedFerries quoted me £38 for a 2 week crossing in June recently.

Worth checking out?

Iain

Stella's in July & I believe the Speedferries offer is not valid for July & August?

Steve Pickford said:
Stella's in July & I believe the Speedferries offer is not valid for July & August?

Just been quoted £78 for 6th to 15th July.

Better than a slap in the face with a wet kipper (or Eurotunnel for that matter ;) )

Iain

Iain Hogg said:
Just been quoted £78 for 6th to 15th July.

Better than a slap in the face with a wet kipper (or Eurotunnel for that matter ;) )

Iain

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Read my earlier post & you'll see that the MCN discount gets you a price of £78.00 while P&O's own special offer price is £66.50:rolleyes:

Kirst and myself are going this year. I know Tarka is going as well. The Big Trailbike Club will be there.
Is everybody meeting up at some point?
Henry

Back
Top Bottom