AC10's on a 690?

Possu

Reaction score
Anyone use them?

Thinking about ordering a set but the biggest rear is a 110 section which I've been told equates to a 110 section tyre in the real world but I've yet to meet anyone who can explain sizing dsicrepancy re: AC10's? :nenau

Anything else out there that works well?

I`m Michelin Desert man through and through.

Hi Steve

I’ve used a 120/90/18 AC10 on my 690, it’s a (road legal) motocross tyre which is about as wide as a 140 section enduro tyre

Good hard wearing tyre would use an AC10 again on the rear but not on the front, I’d go for a Michelin comp 4 front & AC10 rear

Michelin Desert another good tyre not used one on the 690, but it’s the only tyre I use on the Hp2

Hope that helps

Louis

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Produ...tm_medium=Base&utm_campaign=Competition Tyres

Havent tried the AC10's yet, but I like the Dunlop D908 Rally rear and the TKC80 front combo. In fact by far thats been my fave combo.

Shout back on the AC10's would you if you do it? Be interested to know...

Currently on Mich Deserts front and rear (first time for me).

I've been using AC10s on the XChallenge with no problems.

The rear looks to be similar in profile and size to a 130 comp 3.

The front is exactly the same tread pattern as the desert IIRC, and the rear doesn't seem to square off as badly as something like a mitas co2.

Just ordered a Mitas E07 rear & C19 front to give them a try.

TKC's clog up with mud too easily IMO.

I was concerned about the 120 section AC10 not being wide enough - anyone know why they're measured differently?

Deserts: got a pair on the bike now, the rear's coming to the end of it's life but the front has hardly worn. They have a stiff sidewall and you need to run really low pressure to gain grip but then you run the chance of dinging the rim if you hit something solid which is why I have slightly out of true front rim. I'm hoping the Mitas will have a slightly softer construction although it will be hard to tell the difference as I'll be fitting mousses at the same time.

I like the 908 rear as a road tyre but not my preferred choice for trailriding.

Thanks for the replies and to Louis for the PM, I'll let you know how the Mitas work out. :thumb

I've heard that AC10's on the rear end are slippery on wet tarmac??? Can anyone vouch for this?

I have an MT21 on the rear at the mo, which I like for roads and trails, but a Mitas E07 on the front which is diabolical in the mud! Coming off after the Dragon Rally. Ive heard good things about Maxxis, so have bought one for the front.

Seems everybody has their preferences

Anyone tried a Metz 6 days ?

I liked the MT21 on the front & D908RR on the rear

We have more rock (limestone) up here than mud on most trails so not such a big problem

I liked the MT21 on the front & D908RR on the rear

We have more rock (limestone) up here than mud on most trails so not such a big problem

Can't see why the Metzeler wouln't work.

I use an MT21 on the front of the wheels I use for the road but they clog up way to easily with mud.

Can't see why the Metzeler wouln't work.

I use an MT21 on the front of the wheels I use for the road but they clog up way to easily with mud.

Cheers. we have more rock and gravel up here - so MT21 works quite well

I shall peruse the Metzeler offerings

Last about 2 days if you're lucky! They're like Michelin Comp 3 & 4.

I've not had a problem with the MT21 clogging (unlike the TKC which clogs very easily). I'd still prefer a soft enduro tyre on the front though.

My issue with MT21s is that they lose almost all their grip off road when they are only half worn.

I had them on My XR650 I rated them as the best tyres ive used offroad
the 110 is as wide as a 140 TKC80 hope that helps

Back
Top Bottom