18" Intermediate DualSport or Road Tyre??

JohnnyBoxer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Looking at options for a 140/80 (or thereabouts) - 18, intermediate trail/DS tyre for my XChallenge

Not bothered about offroad performance, want good grip on the road - wet and dry

Currently got a Metz Sahara3, but would go more road orientated - like a Tourance

What's out there in 18" fitment?

Anything from Heidenau, similar to the S3?

I have knobblies for offroad use, on another set of wheels - so offroad permutations aren't necessary

Thanks

Johnny, i cant recall off hand what size tourances come in but i have them fitted to a set of cross country wheels which i put on my x challenge for commuting and they are superb.:thumb

Thanks Stuart

I think Tourances only come in 17's from memory:nenau

Pirelli Scorpions? Any good

Thanks Stuart

I think Tourances only come in 17's from memory:nenau

Pirelli Scorpions? Any good

I had Pirelli on the F800 when it was new and they were good in the wet but still prefer Tourance

Conti Trail Attack and Heidenau K60 Scout both available in 18" no experience of either

Looks like Conti Trail Attacks will be fave as a road going tyre

They do a 90-90 21 & 140/80 18 Tubed combo

Perfect:thumb

I'm using conti trail attacks for the first time on the 1150 and find them a great road tyre:thumb
Never liked Sahara 3s on any bike around 650

I'm using conti trail attacks for the first time on the 1150 and find them a great road tyre:thumb

Never liked Sahara 3s on any bike around 650

Good to know Tim, heard plenty of good reports of Conti TA

I find the Sahara's ok, but want something more road orientated and will keep the knobblies on the spare wheels

i have some pirelli scorpion road tyres i will be taking off more than welcome to have them if want try them out

i have some pirelli scorpion road tyres i will be taking off more than welcome to have them if want try them out

Thanks, a few questions though

What sort of nick?

How much tread?

Will P&P make it cost prohibitive?

Thanks, a few questions though

What sort of nick?

How much tread?

Will P&P make it cost prohibitive?

ill have check when home tonight and reply in morning.

more if know someone headdign over to uk from ireland could pass them on.

if interested throw post up in irish section and could find someone headding over.

rather pass them on than have them sit in shed whent ake them off

well over 50% left and good nick.

but really i would say posting be waste but if want them i hope have them off in week or 2 and if find someone headding over they are there for you

just another option if you wanted thats all

well over 50% left and good nick.

but really i would say posting be waste but if want them i hope have them off in week or 2 and if find someone headding over they are there for you

just another option if you wanted thats all

Many thanks:thumb, a mate has offered me a set of Scorpions too - so I'll pass at present

I'm sure if you put in the Free section, someone in Ireland, will have them:thumb

well i will throw them in shed as handy have if and when the mx tyres give in

Back
Top Bottom