Norton singles

hodge1150

Reaction score
Dont want to get anyone jealous here but I need advice.
I have the chance to buy 5 Nortons,all have been stored in various sheds but are largely complete. i.e. big lumps and boxes. 2 are model 19, these are rusty but complete. 2 are model 18, completely dismantled but loads of new parts ready for assembly and one model ES2. In addition there are loads of spares, couple of spare engines and a sidevalve engine. All with effort can be built up into bikes.

Whats the maximum I should give? :nenau

Any Norton experts here willing to give advice?

cheers
Hodge

I see from your other thread you have agreed a price for the bikes.

It would be great if you continued this thread and shared the renovations :beerjug:

made a start

The 2 model 19s need a rebore and main bearings. Going to strip the gearboxes too (cos I like gearboxes). The magnetos will be sent off for checking. Im not going to restore these two bikes as theyve built up a lovely patina over the eons, just new bearings and brake linings.

The 1946 model 18 (as stated on the logbook but it has a cradle frame?) is on the back bedroom table, loosely assembled just so I can look at it. I will upload pics onto photobucket.

Im building one of the rigid frames up and one of the plunger frames with rebuilt all aluminium engines (these engines are being professionally restored) for me and the missus to raz around on.

Im selling a rigid frame and a 350 engine to a mate and I just sit and wonder when Im going to get it all done

Back
Top Bottom