• Normal ride Sunday 19th December

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blue Sweeper

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

How about another Surrey Wombat hunt, the last one for 2004? Two options, either an intermediate route for experienced riders or the normal one from Guildford. I'm having another poll so whichever gets the most votes is the date we go out and the venue.

The normal route is a popular trail ride with hill climbs, mud, water, chalk, flint tracks and sand. We meet up at Newlands Corner car park near Guildford on the A25 - Dorking Road.

Streetmap is HERE

The alternative intermediate route starts at Hindhead on the A3 in the public car park at Devil's Punch Bowl. It's very much like the normal route we take, but Gibbet hill is VERY steep and further on in the ride the rock steps can be a bit tricky in the wet. However, if it is very wet we can bypass the tricky bits.

Streetmap is HERE

Be there or miss out on a fun day. Look forward to about 60/70 miles of dirt with a stop at a pub half way round for lunch. This is mostly for pogo stick bikes but any hero with a GS is more than welcome.

The start time for both routes is at 10:00 and expect to be back at the car park for 15:00

Please put a posting here if you intend to come along.

Roy.

Top-tosser!!!

I definately can't do 11/12th Dec, but might be allowed out on 19th!

:moped:

Greg

19th for me.

Question now is do I bother cleaning the bike?

I can barely raise my chuffin arms above my waist right now from last Sunday's ride.:(

I'm up to the peaks on the 11th but if I can make it on another date I'll be there.

Back in the UK - Yippee - up for any of the dates but the 19th would give me time to get a new set of tyres for the beast. And an MOT.

*waves* Hiya Mark...nice to have you back. :D

Been anywhere exciting??

Lots of waves back...

Hi Bill,

Since October its been: Milan, Ancona (East coast of Italy), Como, Helsinki and St Petersburg. The rest of the week is Rome and L'Aquila - up in the mountains. At a week a time it rather buggers up the home life.

St Petersburg (Leningrad) was interesting - the river froze while I was there - minus 8 during the day and minus 16 at night. In two taxis I had accidents - one with a tram and the other with a Lada. Bit like bumper cars as you just carry on... Probably the worst driving I have seen in the world so I am glad we are not going there in June next year. Saw only one bike - will post at some point - it was an old Ural sidecar job which was probably the best bike to be on since below a certain temperature salt doesn't work and the roads are not black ice but one gaint sodium chloride crystal - which is harder than water. You get used to walking on black ice after a while.

Lots of pretty buildings and wonderfully restored cathedrals - all the women dress like Julie Christie while the men wear woollen hats and leather jackets. THE place to go for furs and hats and the shopping is on a par with London, Paris and Milan.

But much colder!!

Who do the participants 'blame' on the insurance form when they fall off their 'fully comp' 1150's - cos its a bit slippy - and they've got - either no scruples or loads o'money'

Is it you ?

or is this unofficial ?

people need to know - you know .

please indicate on the form provided the 'leaders' full name, address, ( for litigation and repossesion purposes ) and close relatives.

you know it makes ( no ) sense

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :confused:

Alternative Wombat Hunt

Roy, sorry can’t make either date this time.

As for the 'Alternative Hampshire Wombat Hunt', are you OK for the 23rd Jan. I believe that was the day we agreed. If so I'll post it up.

Regards

Clive

Having said 'yes', I'm now doubtful on this.

:(

I also bumped into darkhorse this evening and he's doubtful too!

:(

Greg

Hi Guys - Bad news - Really Bad News. Played a squash match on Saturday for my club and wrecked my right knee - seeing physio tomorrow. Can't walk let alone kick over the beast - or even think about getting out of Newlands Corner upright.

Probably out from squash for 2/12.

Bugger

Happy Christmas to you all.

Mark

I always thought Darkhorse was doubtful!
:D :D :D

looks like the trailer will be empty.

Hi Roy, unfortunately I missed your last few Wombat hunts due to me sailing course. I've been keeping an eye on your hunts though been really gutted at missing so many opportunities to roost mud all over Mr Reynolds ( it keeps him young you know :D )

My course is now finished until Feb so I should be able to join you guys on the 19th ( or whenever ). I just hope the pesky XR starts after sitting idle for 4 months...

Ride-out Canceled

Cancel the Ride

Sorry about this chaps, but due to unforeseen circumstances I am unable to lead the planned Wombat Hunt this Sunday 19th Dec.

Will post again soon for another ride-out.

Roy.

Well I've already had my leave of absence from the family home approved.

All brownie points acrued cannot be carried over into the new year.

So I'm going out somewhere on the bike to find some dirt anyway.

My circumstances appear to have changed so I might be up fo a pootle round on Sunday too.

Anyone want an amble around Hertfordshire?

:moped:

Greg

Back
Top Bottom