130/80/18 Rear ok

john_aero

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just can find tyres i want very cheap but only 130/80-18 rear for mitas.

like get 140 but dont have them

anyone see any issues?

Just can find tyres i want very cheap but only 130/80-18 rear for mitas.

like get 140 but dont have them

anyone see any issues?

I'm sure if you read the trellesport website it describes that there are two different methods of measuring tyres, sidewall width or tread width, and a 130 Mitas is the same as a 140 in other brands. I have had a 130 e09 on mine with no issues at all.

cheers

ordered them last week, got a pair mitas e09 delivered to door for 116euro that botu 95 sterling

I have not found a tyre that performs better for the price.
The Mitas range now have most surfaces/terrains covered.
I did 2 decent trips on a set last year, and the front can stay on for this year too. Never uad that from an MT21 or any other of the major branded treads available.
T

Timpo, how was the E09 front for grip on fast tarmac, gravel, sand etc.?

I've still got a pair that I may use on the 640 for the TAT and this bike seems to wear tyres quite quickly.

Timpo, how was the E09 front for grip on fast tarmac, gravel, sand etc.?

I've still got a pair that I may use on the 640 for the TAT and this bike seems to wear tyres quite quickly.

No, the E-09 wasn't used, but the Army Special. At first the AS was weird, squirming, but after a hundred or so miles, it was fine. Though remember that it's all compromise with the knobbly tyre,gain grip on the mud, loos grip on the tarmac.
I have an E-09 front and rear (130) to fit to my airhead project when it's ready to roll...
But now, I'm sticking with the AS front/140 E-09 rear on my XC.:thumb2

Right, well I still have a new AS special for the front. It appears quite soft and wasn't sure it would be tough enough but need to think again.

I was going to use E09 rear, but have a new MT21, AS and E09 front to choose from:confused:

Back
Top Bottom