Fairly new owner with a problem

oddshapedballs

Reaction score
Hi, I'm fairly new to GS ownership having bought my first at the end of last summer - a late 2007 R1200GS.

I was starting to experience a hesitant ride when holding the throttle at a constant speed (any gear any speed) most noticeable when holding at 30 through towns and villages and at constant motorway speed. The bike went to the dealer in September and they adjusted the valves and throttle bodies and replaced spark plugs and air filter.
This did ease the issue a little but didn't clear it. I've tried to live with it but it's going back in this coming week, am I possibly looking at a coil failure, lamba sensor failure etc or would a re-map of the ECU be the only cure?

Cheers.

Hi, I'm fairly new to GS ownership having bought my first at the end of last summer - a late 2007 R1200GS.

I was starting to experience a hesitant ride when holding the throttle at a constant speed (any gear any speed) most noticeable when holding at 30 through towns and villages and at constant motorway speed. The bike went to the dealer in September and they adjusted the valves and throttle bodies and replaced spark plugs and air filter.
This did ease the issue a little but didn't clear it. I've tried to live with it but it's going back in this coming week, am I possibly looking at a coil failure, lamba sensor failure etc or would a re-map of the ECU be the only cure?

Cheers.

What's the idle like - relatively smooth or kicking like a mule? I have a possibly similar(ish) issue which may well be the RHS throttle occasionally sticking slightly open - Cannon BMW at Braintree reckon that's what's ailing mine and have ordered a replacement throttle body. When it is running below par it is difficult to hold constant revs - it spins up ok but wind down is uneven and holding constant is tricky. When it's running ok, it runs very sweetly... most annoying / unnerving when it's not!

Balls, ring JONO my partner on Tuesday on 01617368040 after 1030 he will answer your question.

:thumb2

The idle's fairly OK, a little up and down.
Accelerates and decelerates fine.

Thanks will give JONO a call.

Back
Top Bottom