Temporary chair

gspod

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi

Is it possible to buy a sidecar that can be easily bolted on to a bike for the odd bit of snow or winter rally?

I suspect not but have a small garage :rolleyes:

I'm not sure there is such a thing :nenau but you can set a chair up on a bike with bolt on mounting points (as opposed to welded on mounting points). There would then be nothing stopping you from leaving these on the bike and just unbolting the connecting arms from them along with a connector for the electrics.

You could then remove the mounting points when wanting to sell the bike on as a solo. Bear in mind though that, depending on the bike and size of the chair it's not unheard of to bend the bike frame slightly.

It wouldn't be a 5 minute job but not toooooo much hassle :nenau

Andres

Hi,

Go to Scotia Sidecar website and look at their chairs by Tripteq for the GS and a few others. These are quickly added or removed but are not easy to store.

Shaggy

The biggest problem with this is setting up the chair properly. Each time you reattach it you'll need to readjust everything. Small adjustments can make big differences in the way the outfit rides.

This has been discussed in great detail in the hacks section of ADV rider site. Ask some questions here there are many guys who can give you much fuller answers.

Val.

Thanks will check out Scotia.

Suspect I'll end up buying an outfit when we get a bigger garage/ i mean house :D

I guess it is possible to ride an Ural without the chair?
I don't know, but I do know Ural are making bikes for riding on 2 wheels, so..?
:nenau

:) Liv.

Has there been any long term feedback on the trpteq sidecar or anyone here use one have been looking for reports but most is just dealer adds

Back
Top Bottom