Cans on S-10 ?

xylo66

Reaction score
Any preferences to a alternate can to OEM? I had a Remus on my GSA with a removable baffle and it sounded fantastic ( esp thru european long tunnels !! ). However, not sure what brand to go for on the S-10. You tube have Akra and Remus to compare. But I see even Scorpion have a display here at Blade Yamaha and half the price of Akra....very tempting.

Any thoughts?

They are nice, esp on Jamie's edition.
However, the drawback I see here are panniers. My Holan's won't look the same unless I had them with 2 off-centered panniers on either side and guess they would have to be re-engineered to be closer - I think.
cheers
Chris ( xylo66 )

Do Scorpion do a can for the 1200?

I visited them at the NEC show and they only had ones for the 660, I even asked and they said no 1200 one in the pipeline so I would be surprised if they have one already.

I already have Arrow headers, these gave 6BHP extra on my bike, Arrow claim 9BHP on the full system and about 2.5BHP for just the can, and my dyno run seems to confirm they are not lying - even with the stock end can I can really notice it being far perkier up top.

Probably gonna look at an end can soon and get the flash sorted, if Scorpions can be had for half price I'm In :D

Rasher,
The guys at Blade said that the Scorpion manufacturers have mentioned they are keen to supply and add to their range. So, I've left it up to them to get back to me. I'll keep you all posted as I think its a nice looking can and if the price is right, a worthwhile try. Watch this space !

cheers
C

my mate put on an Akra and it looks the bizz - why not just pull the trigger? They are ice cool :cool:

Hi,

I have the titanium Arrow, and I am really pleased with the look and sound. Neglible (if any) power difference, but that is not really on my radar to be honest.

Regards,

Matt

Rasher,
The guys at Blade said that the Scorpion manufacturers have mentioned they are keen to supply and add to their range. So, I've left it up to them to get back to me. I'll keep you all posted as I think its a nice looking can and if the price is right, a worthwhile try. Watch this space !

cheers
C

They could have two sales lined up if they do a deal on the first ones :thumb2

I don't want to pay a fortune, and I do prefer a proper CE marked can over the BS only ones that technically are illegal in Europe.

Do different cans offer different mpg? Wouldnt mind a more fruity sound, but dont wanna be using more juice than i do now as stock....

:nenau

There are various hp benefits and listed on each product web sites. As far as the scorpion goes, sadly the guys will not entertain making one unless there is a huge deal to be made so they won't develop one now. Their loss ! To me, that is such daft reasoning.

I have gone for a Yoshi can and got a nice deal from JHS Racing in Bristol ! Saved £50 from anywhere else's quotes so looking forward to some fruity sounds !...esp those long european tunnels !!!

Power wise the cans only make 1-3BHP, the gains are in the headers, arrow claim 9BHP for a system and 2BHP for just the can.

I verified an extra 6BHP (on a dyno) from the headers with the OE end can.

I will keep an eye out for a used can, and they are quite well hidden so looks are less important.

That looks class and is a monster improvement on the std one :beerjug:
Thanks trev,Have a new carbon fiber heat shield to replace the black one in the pic,Cant get it fitted at the minute as my leg is in plaster:eek:, Take Care .Ride Safe.:thumb2

Thanks trev,Have a new carbon fiber heat shield to replace the black one in the pic,Cant get it fitted at the minute as my leg is in plaster:eek:, Take Care .Ride Safe.:thumb2

That MIVV can looks really smart. Judging from MIVV's site, there seem tio be two available : http://www.mivv.it/en/prodotti_apri.asp?cl=1&cs=951&codice_moto=718&codice_marca=8

Tell me, is that just a slip on ? How does performace & mpg fair out ?

Looking forward to see how the carbon heat shield looks too.

:thumb

That MIVV can looks really smart. Judging from MIVV's site, there seem tio be two available : http://www.mivv.it/en/prodotti_apri.asp?cl=1&cs=951&codice_moto=718&codice_marca=8

Tell me, is that just a slip on ? How does performace & mpg fair out ?

Looking forward to see how the carbon heat shield looks too.

:thumb
Hi yes it is a slip on with link pipe,I have full system on /decat It makes a great difference, Sound is nice very throaty and you have to run with the baffle in,To much with it out, I also have PC5 and ecu done ,It goes like shit of a shovel:DIt will hoist the front in second off the throttle if the mood is right:green gri,You try and tell some folk the difference and they dont believe it, ,The exhaust alone makes a huge improvement, Give me a shout if you need any help or advice , :thumb ps mpg still around 45/50

Hi yes it is a slip on with link pipe,I have full system on /decat It makes a great difference, Sound is nice very throaty and you have to run with the baffle in,To much with it out, I also have PC5 and ecu done ,It goes like shit of a shovel:DIt will hoist the front in second off the throttle if the mood is right:green gri,You try and tell some folk the difference and they dont believe it, ,The exhaust alone makes a huge improvement, Give me a shout if you need any help or advice , :thumb ps mpg still around 45/50

See, i was thinking of just the end can. I dont want to get the bike set up for a power commander etc. Just a nice raspy sound will do & without fueling issues.

I was looking at REMUS too, they have some very smart cans.

Tell me, one the pic above, can you remove the exhaust heat shield thats left. I think it improves the bike with it off ?

See, i was thinking of just the end can. I dont want to get the bike set up for a power commander etc. Just a nice raspy sound will do & without fueling issues.

I was looking at REMUS too, they have some very smart cans.

Tell me, one the pic above, can you remove the exhaust heat shield thats left. I think it improves the bike with it off ?

Hi yes you can remove it completly but it leaves mountint holes visable.

Im very happy with the remus can, sounds abit more fruity with the baffle in and for me, a touch to loud with baffle out. I cant stand the constant humming in my ears after a long journey. :blast
010.jpg

008.jpg

Very nice. I'm a huge fan of Remus after having them on my GSA. Thanks for posting pics.

Back
Top Bottom