Tell me about TTR 600E's Good & Bad

MickyBlueyes

Reaction score
I'm looking for a reasonable dual purpose bike that I don't have to worry too much about, also relatively cheap. I've had an XR400 in the past, and it that kind of thing would be too off road focused for any pootling on road, and a few fire trails. Oh and I would want an electric boot.

All I've read is various bits are made of cheese on these (bars OE tyres etc), but there are loads of bits out there. Which I don't mind changing.

As I only really want something for a road pootle and forest fire trails (about 50/50) am I barking up the wrong tree?? Budget about £2.5-3k max.
Would I be better looking at/for a 650Xchallenge

Any views welcomed.
M

Heavy, numb and not much HP, suspension is a bit limp

An XChallenge would be better in every department:thumb

I have one, 2004 model. Does just what you want it to, and its cheap to run and own. :)

Attachments

• ttr600-05.jpg
    ttr600-05.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 410
I got the more off road orenated model
Lighter much better suspension but it's kick start only
Great bike..It's the second one i have owned :thumb2

SAM_8291_zpsdcc85ca8.jpg

SAM_8304_zps5e45c990.jpg

I got one like that for less than £2k after knocking a dealer down. He didn't argue too much and we both got what we wanted.

There's a significant dealer premium in that price and you need to ask if the numbers stated for mileage are that or for kilometers, which is what the clocks normally show.

So does that make it an XT??

I think he means his bike is a 250cc variant and ten years older than what you're looking at. :augie Gundog is about right with a £2k figure for that bike because if you want to increase your tank range you'll need an Acerbis upgrade.

So does that make it an XT??

Nope.

The TTR-E sits somewhere between the Belgarda built bike that Garry H has and the XT-E in terms of ability.

IIRC the Belgarda built bikes were competition focused machines, Yamaha's answer to honda's xr600.

hth

Of course, the one with Ohlins suspension. :blast

I thought they were all white and red? :confused:

I've heard they had better handling than the later Sachs suspended bikes. I don't know how much better it is but I wouldn't compare it to a KTM with WP kit.

Of course, the one with Ohlins suspension. :blast

I thought they were all white and red? :confused:

I've heard they had better handling than the later Sachs suspended bikes. I don't know how much better it is but I wouldn't compare it to a KTM with WP kit.

Yes, I had one...much better but still shite:D

Attachments

• ttr (Small).JPG
    ttr (Small).JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 523
Yes, I had one...much better but still shite:D

Sorry Tim but i disagree
Correctly setup the suspension is good for a bike of this era :comfort

The later ones were blue
There have been very few bikes over the years i have had regretted selling and got another one ..This is one of them
Here'a my first one
Dscf0156_zps2fb4106a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom