Spaces available on a trip to the Moselle Valley

Lord Snooty

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I am going on a long weekend with a bunch of biker friends to the German Moselle Valley and due to a couple of cancellations there are three spaces now available.

The dates are April 25-29th.

The plan:

1. Depart Eurotunnel on Thursday 25th am and head for Lille to arrive around lunchtime, stopover in the Novotel Grand and explore Lille. 70 miles ride from Calais to Lille.
2. Friday 26th, leave after breakfast to head for Adenau in Germany which is on the Nurburgring. 240 miles ride.
3. Friday - Sunday stopover in Adenau, ride outs to take in the gorgeous Moselle Valley area and a trip to the Nurburgring and a blast round it for those that feel so inclined. :thumb
4. Monday morning departure after breakfast to head back for Calais and return via Eurotunnel.

Costs:

Eurotunnel is about £55 return, you book this yourself, we are catching the 10.20 out and 15.20 return, you can of course book any time that suits you and meet us at the hotel in Lille if you prefer.
Hotel in Lille is £104 inclusive for the room and two people and breakfast.
Hotel in Adenau is £40 pppn inc breakfast.

I visited this area two years ago and it is stunning, great roads and beautiful countryside especially when you follow the river through the valley. Some lovely old towns such as Cochem and Trier.

If interested then send me a PM.

A great place to tour around but do your route homework in advance because the Germans have closed lots of roads on Saturday's and Sunday's to bikers. Your GPS may well point you down those roads and the locals will be quick to phone 'der Polizei' and have them after you if you disobey the signs.

Underneath the sign it will say something like : Sa bis So 05:00 bis 22:00 which means from Saturday 5am to 10pm and Sunday 5am to 10pm - no motorcyles. I don't know of any online resource that tells you which roads are closed like this and which aren't but you will encounter them - especially on some of the smaller routes that look really intersting across the countryside. The Mosel and the Eifel are littered with these signs unfortunately.

Attachments

• german bike ban.JPG
    german bike ban.JPG
    10.4 KB · Views: 263
If you go to Adenau - say 'hi' to Georg Schmidt at Zweirad Schmidt - the local bike dealer in the town.:thumb

Fabulous area around there, we did this a few years ago when the 24 hour race was on. On the was back we visited Trier then Luxembourg, France, Belgium and Holland\Europort - all on the Monday!

Have a great time, wish I could join you but hitting Monaco the following month

Great area, easy to take the odd wrong turn or two :blast

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VTJWlnZeVIg?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back
Top Bottom