flywheel puller

garry a

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
hi i am changing the sprag clutch on my aprilia pegaso 650 and im in need of a flywheel puller if anyone could help me out i would be most gratefull they seem very expensive to only use maybe one time happy to pay postage both ways if not local or if anyone has any good tips to get it off without a puller regards garry

hi i am changing the sprag clutch on my aprilia pegaso 650 and im in need of a flywheel puller if anyone could help me out i would be most gratefull they seem very expensive to only use maybe one time happy to pay postage both ways if not local or if anyone has any good tips to get it off without a puller regards garry

Can you not just screw a bolt into the centre hole of the shaft and give it a good hard smack with a hammer, the fly wheel should jump off with the shock.

Done it a few times on XR's had a oil filter bolter from a 250 wet dream screwed it into the shaft hit it a few times and the fly wheel comes off easy

Can you not just screw a bolt into the centre hole of the shaft and give it a good hard smack with a hammer, the fly wheel should jump off with the shock.

Done it a few times on XR's had a oil filter bolter from a 250 wet dream screwed it into the shaft hit it a few times and the fly wheel comes off easy
that will do it a right load of good:blast

got the tool but it was still very tight to remove no chance without it but all fixed now starts first press on the button :D:D:D:thumb2

After information

Hi Garry !! I've just got a f650gs ... Had a load of trouble with it starting ... Done loads of repairs .. Replaced the sprag clutch nd as u say I needed a puller .. However my local m/cycle dealer was helpful nd loaned me 1 :) ..
My question to you .. Is what symptoms did you have to commence your repair ??? I think I've just about sorted mine but any information would be welcome !! Regards turbo

Back
Top Bottom