Was it like this before?

Gossy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Purely out of interest, was there anything like this amount of excitement by new and prospective new owners of the Hexhead when it came out?

New bike new model

There was by me going from mk2 to mk3 twin cam triple black :D:D

Purely out of interest, was there anything like this amount of excitement by new and prospective new owners of the Hexhead when it came out?

Probably not - when I went from a 2005 1200 to a 2010 twin-cam it was noticeable improvement but not dramatic, this new bike is a big step up in handling and power and is just sooooo nice to ride.

No.

There was probably more difference between the 1200 and the 1150GSA whose sale as a brand new bike overlapped the launch of the 12 by over a year.

I got my 1150GSA brand new (The only vehicle I've ever bought personally from new) just after the 1200 was out, and don't remember any bike debate about which one to go for even :nenau

They're different crowd these days, GSers......some have yet to get their bloody wisdom teeth through, and they tend to be a lot more excitable and, well, foolish, frankly :blast

They're different crowd these days, GSers......some have yet to get their bloody wisdom teeth through, and they tend to be a lot more excitable and, well, foolish, frankly :blast

Your glass really has become half empty Bill.

IMHO I thing he's right more low mileage riders, sports bike bridage that are only out for 5k -6k a year, little to you hear of the 18k plus per year any more.

Is there added excitement? Or is it a perception driven to some extent at least by the the current approach to the interweb and social wireless stuff:rob

What was the UKGSER membership and average posts per day when the 1200 was launched (were we still using the term information superhighway then - I've lost track?)

Gossy....Just enjoy it whilst it lasts. You may grow out of it and it's crap (I definitely have)

It's just great getting a new 'bike but with time you lose that 'rush'....:blagblah

Enjoy.....:)

Gossy....Just enjoy it whilst it lasts. You may grow out of it and it's crap (I definitely have)

It's just great getting a new 'bike but with time you lose that 'rush'....:blagblah

Enjoy.....:)

That's it really johnnie, I'm glad people are getting that rush of excitement, ive had 2009 and 2011 GS / GSAs as current models, but I still get a thrill from mine, still make the unnecessary journey and like going out in the rain, I guess I'm just plain old satisfied!!

Back
Top Bottom