Rear Pad Change X Challenge

Yes mate, fronts piece of cake, was hoping someone had a copy of the maint disc from bmw :)

Glad u back ok :)

:beerjug: straps and trailer combo worked well,just need to break out the cutting disc and welder to make the front of my trailer the same as yours :cool:

+1:thumb

But not until you've 'popped' the retaining pin, so it's loose in the caliper;)

Yup, there should be a small "R" clip which needs removing, then knock the pin back with a narrow punch. It needs to be narrow to fit through the hole in the back of the calliper.

Before removing old pads, put your knee against calliper and give it a good shove to push the fluid back to the resevoir.

hth

N

Just done it in 6 mins with wheel still on, total piece of piss, thanks for your posts guys.

If anyone needs theirs doing on the 800 or 650 I'll happily do it for you utilising my new bike lift :)

Gotta love this site at times :)

Oh regarding retracting the pistons, both front and rear went back with just fingers and thumb

Now, I've done this a couple of times in the past with no problems.

But this time I cannot get two new full size pads in when the disk is in position.

The cylinder is pushed all the way back.
The pads sit fine when the wheel is out.
The wheel spins normally when the pads are out.

It seems the overall brake caliper is too close to the swinging arm, meaning there is not enough space for the 'inner' pad (the one nearest the wheel) to fit.
I'm sure I have the wheel spacers the right way round, the bigger one is on the side of the brake.

Anyone any clues?

Back
Top Bottom