Luggage recommendations

roundincircles

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Do not want the BMW luggage as it seems heavy with low volume for size.

Anybody recommend alu panniers that fit around exhaust or ones that are narrow ie with smallest width?

Seems TT are very expensive when compared to others.

Any help appreciated

I have a set of these for my MTS and plan to move them to my next bike;

http://shop.sw-motech.com/cgi-bin/c...owrub--brands.ducati.1200multi&typid=91487156

Reasonable size (although not massive) and they come with a 100% waterproof bag that you pack all your kit in and seal up before you put it in the pannier. No chance of leaks, plus you can leave the panniers on the bike and just take the bags in at the end of each day.

I think they look pretty good (although it's a very subjective thing).
They are certainly not trying to look like I'm off around the world for a year.

The other thing I like is that there is no scaffolding left on the bike when you don't need the panniers - just a few quick lock screws and nothing but the very small brackets are left on. Almost as unobtrusive as the OE mounts.

Waiting to hear back from SW Motech on when the fitting kit for the LC will be available.

Waiting to hear back from SW Motech on when the fitting kit for the LC will be available.

Just had an email drop into my inbox - they say should be middle of April...

I have an '09 R1200GS to which I added the racks and aluminum cases from the GSA. I have liked that set up but there is no getting around the fact that aluminum cases are heavy.

I have a LC R1200GS on order, and for that bike I am thinking of soft bags instead. Specifically, the Wolfman Rocky Mountain bags on the Wolfman / Briggs side racks. The bags are a new offering from Wolfman and I have them now on my F650GS and like them. They are 32 liters per bag and come with a waterproof inner bag. They are much lighter than aluminum hard cases, would probably be better in an off pavement fall, and are waterproof. Fiddly compared with hard cases but not bad at all once you get used to them.

M1015_Rocky_Mountain_Saddle_Bags_a_lg.jpg

http://wolfmanluggage.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_id=312

Wolfman / Briggs does not currently make side racks for the LC bike but I have been in touch with Mr. Briggs and may ride my bike to him (Jackson, WY) after I receive it and I think he can use my bike for fitment purposes.

I went with BMW varios, tank bag and a TT tail bag:thumb

Back
Top Bottom