Translation please

Very rough translation using Google if that helps?

Speech is silver, silence is golden. That is not always true. With her ​​long silence on rumors and technical issues surrounding the new GS the company BMW dealers, customers and journalists has unsettled. This Article: BMW R 1200 GS The news of BMW was close, was a surprise and did not bode well: Each new GS be upgraded technologically. To specially delivery to the dealer was stopped. Already issued test motorcycles had to be parked, the engine for the comparison test in MOTORCYCLE 7/2013 (from 15 3rd), already supplied to dealers machines must not be moved. unfavorable and bad for the image in the case of a new motorcycle at the world show in South Africa, a journalist had gone without it plausible explanation to death . Were the first test bikes not sure? From BMW, there is still no official statement, but identical statements from dealers and other MOTORCYCLE research revealed the following: The standpipes the Marzocchi coming from Italy Telelever fork were previously fixed by the manufacturer only with Loctite adhesive backup, and thus not sufficient. This BMW has noted in the context of testing or on a test stand and respond. Effective immediately, all forks are already caulked manufacturer. lready issued to machines with adhesive backed forks happening now at retailers worldwide this: First, had to be created a special tool and shipped. With the help of technicians stab at each standpipe four times in the 360-degree angle to the screw to secure this through so-called "Hallmarking" or "graining" against loosening. Finally comes back the previously removed plastic cover over it. The whole process takes about 20 minutes.

The British motorcycle journalist Kevin Ash's deadly accident in late January.

Meanwhile GS forums worldwide rely on sources from speculation. Rumor has reportedly now that BMW can exclude a link between the accident Kevin Ash and the technical problem on the fork. Also independent experts a relationship seems more than unlikely. But the rumor mill will continue to simmer until BMW decides to make an official statement.

Summat on the forks came loose as they only used Loctite. Now they seem to be knurling or staking the component as well. Bad publicity for Bm is this connected with Kevin Ashs' death (and the tank slappers)

That's how I read it.... who remembers the tank slappers Bike mag had when the first telelever bikes were launched?

As an aside the local car garage failed a pals R850 for 'seized forks' during his mot they pulled on the brake and tried to plunge the forks!

And that means something too you? :confused:

But if it says what I think it says, is it not a similar problem to the original 1200 had with forks?

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/n...elever-is-screwed-up-photo-gallery-55983.html

I was in Allan Jeffries today and it was business as usual, so not sure what's going on.

It was my first look at the WC while my GSA was being serviced, definitely a more modern look.

That link is referring to the 'fix' that was done just before the launch so it sounds like another load of bollox. If it is something different then Nutty will let us know when he goes to his dealer tomorrow.

Calling Nutty, calling Nutty :)

That link is referring to the 'fix' that was done just before the launch so it sounds like another load of bollox. If it is something different then Nutty will let us know when he goes to his dealer tomorrow.

Calling Nutty, calling Nutty :)

That was on the press bikes, and the first batch of bikes shipped from Germany. BMW sent a load of engineers to the uk to perform the fix last week. 20 minutes per bike, and they've all been sorted. Any bikes received into the uk after the first batch had the fix at the factory:thumb

That was on the press bikes, and the first batch of bikes shipped from Germany. BMW sent a load of engineers to the uk to perform the fix last week. 20 minutes per bike, and they've all been sorted. Any bikes received into the uk after the first batch had the fix at the factory:thumb

As I thought, so WTF is autoevolution website doing quoting this as something new (dated today 6 March). Another bunch of tossers getting it wrong again?

Back
Top Bottom