nav iv deals

Skid06

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
anyone get a good deal on a nav iv with their new TE? how many people are looking at buying one at the moment? could be a possible group buy?

You should be able to get a discount on this, as its not specific to the new GS, most dealers will do a deal if you ask nicely:thumb

I got mine for 545,- Euro's (470 GBP) with my new GS coming in next week. I was hoping Garmin would release their successor to the Zumo 660 but I guess that will take a while, and even longer for BMW to make their Navigator V out of it.

525 sounds ok considering it has the extra buttons and integrates with the left grip controller, I paid 400 for a plain Zumo 660...

Better get two to be future proof :p

525 sounds ok considering it has the extra buttons and integrates with the left grip controller, I paid 400 for a plain Zumo 660...

The version I got has no extra buttons since it integrates with the grip controller. The one with extra buttons is 100,- euro's more. Apparently a plain Zumo 660 won't work with the grip controller, so you have to pay the extra for the BMW software in their version. :nenau

The version I got has no extra buttons since it integrates with the grip controller. The one with extra buttons is 100,- euro's more. Apparently a plain Zumo 660 won't work with the grip controller, so you have to pay the extra for the BMW software in their version. :nenau

I bought my Nav IV with my TC 3 years ago. Plugged it in on the test drive and did NOT work with the wheelie thing. Dealer said a software upgrade is required and that they were getting the necessary onto their computer soon to upgrade my unit. :blast

Slightly off topic but has anyone mounted a Zumo 550 on a 1200 lc yet? Will it fit on the new cross bar if you buy it from parts?

Don't really want to buy a new GPS just yet!

Dave

Fair enough.

One thing, will BMW be able to update the system so new models of the Navigator will work with the left grip controller? After all, satnavs come and go...

I'm after one of these, so interested where you got the discount, and also in joining a group buy.

Sat-Nav...........................£610.01

These prices include V.A.T and fitting (where applicable). Please let me know if you would like some or all of these parts added to your order and i'll e-mail you the revised figures.
Oceans

Just something to consider. I have owned both the 660 and BMW Nav. I bought the latter for my K1600 as it is positioned so far away from the rider that touching the screen to operate it was , arguably, dangerous.

On the GS the GPS mount is very close to the rider thus using the touch screen facility easy so you have the choice of buying the 660 , getting the car kit and bike kit thrown in, and saving £200 or so for the unit plus the mount cost if you choose to use the Garmin mount.

The BMW unit has all the dealer locations in the memory, useful for when your shaft drive springs a leak, and works with the handlebar controller........no big deal if the unit is easily reached/touched. The handle bar controller also scrolls thru' the bike menu but the menu buttons are close to hand as well.

Just something to consider. I have owned both the 660 and BMW Nav. I bought the latter for my K1600 as it is positioned so far away from the rider that touching the screen to operate it was , arguably, dangerous.

On the GS the GPS mount is very close to the rider thus using the touch screen facility easy so you have the choice of buying the 660 , getting the car kit and bike kit thrown in, and saving £200 or so for the unit plus the mount cost if you choose to use the Garmin mount.

The BMW unit has all the dealer locations in the memory, useful for when your shaft drive springs a leak, and works with the handlebar controller........no big deal if the unit is easily reached/touched. The handle bar controller also scrolls thru' the bike menu but the menu buttons are close to hand as well.

I agree, the cost difference between the two swings it.

I'm sure you can down load the BMW dealers list - poi's some where.

I have a 660 and have borrowed a nav 4 to compare - on the bike the wheel does have a few plus points but as the device is so close, using the touch screen is no big deal.

Internally I've compared the files on both and there is no difference so I suspect it's just firmware.

The big issue for me personally is the audio link, on the Nav it's only via blue tooth unless you cut away the cradle to access the audio out on the side of the unit which then makes it messy when fitting and removing. Unless you buy an additional, expensive BT unit - no thanks.

I'll be sticking with the Zumo.

Extra buttons won't be of much help with the cradle and controller wheel. In fact, it looks like you cannot even have the buttons with the LC's support. Which makes me wonder why pay so much more than for a Zumo 660 (the same GPS minus the useless list ofBMW list of dealers), which will fit the LC support, unless you positively, absolutely want to use the controller wheel.

Back
Top Bottom