new GS LC hilltop motorcycles

Skid06

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
anyone took there GS LC to geoff at hilltop yet:hide

Apparently the LC actually only produces 85 hp at the rear wheel and they can release another 40 ponies at the flick of a switch ;)

i thought it was wheezing a bit in dyna mode yesterday:D

We should get the thread ready - " I got an extra 10bhp etc.." :blast

I would want 160 HP minimum from a WC remap @ hilltop
Has your current machine been remapped? if not and your planning on keeping it a few years more I'd really recommend it. Scrub all thoughts of Bing carburetor mods :D

I would want 160 HP minimum from a WC remap @ hilltop :)

FFS JB the things fast enough as it is !I doubt if Geoff could make it any better ?? We'll no doubt see but I imagine a) He'll have to get his hands on one ! b) He'll have to decipher the latest ecu and c) The lucky owner will have just invailidated his warranty and insurance -oops.
I'm not decrying what Geoff acheives from working his magic on the bikes but sometimes you have to step back and look at the overall picture.
What if it all goes horribly wrong :comfort

Actually I had my non-LC 1200 GS done by Geoff a couple of weeks ago and he said he'd already done one of the new LC models. A load of people then came in for their MOTs doing so I didn't get chance to probe any more, but he said they got similar gains to the outgoing model.

Genuine question as I'm not to mechanically minded.

Would the fact that it has some liquid cooling allow them to be able to map the bike to run a bit richer and still meet emmision regulations ?

Which may be partly the reason for the engine to run so well,when I rode it last week it certainly felt as though it had an awful lot more than the 15bhp more than my twin cam.

Steve

FFS JB the things fast enough as it is !I doubt if Geoff could make it any better ?? We'll no doubt see but I imagine a) He'll have to get his hands on one ! b) He'll have to decipher the latest ecu and c) The lucky owner will have just invailidated his warranty and insurance -oops.
I'm not decrying what Geoff acheives from working his magic on the bikes but sometimes you have to step back and look at the overall picture.
What if it all goes horribly wrong :comfort

I was :)

My bikes are fast enough for an old fart like me

If I buy a new one, or keep my old ones - as you know I like it 'factory fresh' by Rotherham's finest

Just got my ECU back from Hilltop (round trip from Oz). All I can say is Holy sh1t!...what a transformation.

My bike is a 2017 GSA with only 1000km on the clock. This is my 4th R1200 and from delivery last month I was really disappointed in the rough idle, stumbles and strange midrange flat spot between 5000-6000rpm. I turned to my trusty BoosterPlug solution, but that didn't help at all. After installing Remus headers I knew things would only get worse without correcting the AFR's.

With the Hilltop flash, immediately after firing up my bike with the Hilltop flash I could hear how smoother she ran. None of that about to stall stumbling and rattling. I only took for a short ride, but feels far more eager across the entire rev range. Thanks Hilltop!... first impressions are very positive :)

Just got my ECU back from Hilltop (round trip from Oz). All I can say is Holy sh1t!...what a transformation.

My bike is a 2017 GSA with only 1000km on the clock. This is my 4th R1200 and from delivery last month I was really disappointed in the rough idle, stumbles and strange midrange flat spot between 5000-6000rpm. I turned to my trusty BoosterPlug solution, but that didn't help at all. After installing Remus headers I knew things would only get worse without correcting the AFR's.

With the Hilltop flash, immediately after firing up my bike with the Hilltop flash I could hear how smoother she ran. None of that about to stall stumbling and rattling. I only took for a short ride, but feels far more eager across the entire rev range. Thanks Hilltop!... first impressions are very positive :)

What did it cost you all up?

2016 GSA with 2000 miles

I'd read the different forums and vairying opinions, but was intrigued enough to give it a go.

The improvement is astonishing.

I wasn't too interested in the, post remap, print out data, deciding the ride home was my test.

It's now runs significantly smoother...silky smooth. It's unquestionably more responsive in every gear and rev range, a notable improvement to torque. It's even reduced vibration and engine rattle.

Maybe it's not for everyone, but I'm absolutely delighted.

Back
Top Bottom