Green Lanes Next Two Weekends?

tuftywhite

getting away with it so far!
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anybody fancy a few green lanes in the Nottingham/Vale of Belvoir/NE Leicester area in the next couple of weekends.

If only a morning. I need to get some practise in before the Lands End Trial.

Any takers?

(You may have to point out the lanes too) :hide

If only my bike wasn't in bits. Mikeyboy knows that area well but I think his clutch is fucked.

i would be happy to mark up an OS map for you :D,i will be at my workshop at sedgebrook thursday and friday,i MAY be able to get out sunday but cant commit at the moment.what bike will you be riding ?i presume you wont have aggresive tyres for the ldt!a lot of the lanes in the vale will be very rutted due to the weather and the amount of tractor activity at the moment,most of the viking way is clay and there is a TRO on the middle section.but i can point you to most of the faster graded lanes.given all of the above you may be better off posting on the peak district section as the terrain is better suited to year round riding:augie.maybe mickdb1 or skygod could show you round.i will defo be organising a day out as soon as i have my green laner finished and have finished ians bike.:thumb2.mike

Thanks for the advice.

I do have agressive tyres. Very Grrrrr! (TKC's)

I might just go out for a pootle and see what's about. It's getting a bit late now, if I'm not ready by now, I'll just have to wing it at Easter.

Your pimping your self out there a bit tuffty, dont forget we are out on the 23rd - :thumb

MMM TKCs

TKC you say :D

IMG_0044_zpsc97288f7.jpg

Think this was the last time mikeyboy will venture out round the vale on TKCs in winter, shame cos i piss myself watcing him falling off :D:D:D:D

Your pimping your self out there a bit tuffty, dont forget we are out on the 23rd - :thumb

I haven't forgotten. We will have to be on some very gentle trails as I have no chance of doing anything to my bike as I'll be riding south on it on the Sunday to spend a week at work before going South West.

I could do with a bit of elastic time over the next few weeks.

As for pimping you may have a point. I know I haven't done that much since I bought my GS in 2001 but there seems to be a lot of straße action and not a lot of gelände.

I'm just trying to get out for a bit of gentle gelände to build my skills and use my bike.

TKC you say :D

IMG_0044_zpsc97288f7.jpg

Think this was the last time mikeyboy will venture out round the vale on TKCs in winter, shame cos i piss myself watcing him falling off :D:D:D:D

That's a bit extreme for me. I once got some mud on the inside of my mudguards.

most of the lanes round here will be like this for the next few weeks.but i can point you toward some decent ones that you will be ok on your own if you dont have a "wingman".i will shout up if i can get out sunday.mike:thumb

Answers:

I ride a 1981 R80g/s

I work Monday to Friday in that London

I'm actually running out of weekends to do stuff so I'll probably be too busy this weekend and then I'll have Saturday with Mr Diddy.

I'm sure after that later in the year we can meet up and you can show me some of these lanes. (the ones without quicksand)

Thanks for your responses.

Back
Top Bottom