An new 'What Oil' question

PaulW

Reaction score
. . . well, not what oil but 'where oil'

Remember those dark mysterious days when checking oil level was a black art, sometimes the level looked ok, sometimes it didn't. Must check the level using the same routine etc etc . . .

I often wondered if it was simply down to oil being held in the oil cooler above the beak to a greater or lesser degree.

So, the big question for those of us out there lucky enough to have a new bike to ride is this - have you noticed whether the apparent oil level is more consistent without all the previous monkeying around? My theory is without all that oil cooler stuff it may well be :thumb

If the question winds you up, then :augie
If you want to vent some spleen, then go for it
If you want to have a 'doh, not another' moment, then this is for you :blast
If it brings a smile to your face, then :)

Me :angel ? I am just bored and pissed because I am STILL WAITING for my bike which has been built but stuck at the factory for nearly a week now :confused::confused:

Had to smile :)

Where you having it from,?

What's the delivery date, ?

And I hope it's the faster one in Red ,

Mmmm better check my oil, i've been to busy riding it :blast

Had to smile :)

Where you having it from,?
Southport Superbikes

What's the delivery date, ?
I wish I new, soon??

And I hope it's the faster one in Red ,
It is :D

Mmmm better check my oil, i've been to busy riding it :blast
Level checks only please, not what grade

But will it amuse others?

Last edited:
. . .
Me :angel ? I am just bored and pissed because I am STILL WAITING for my bike which has been built but stuck at the factory for nearly a week now :confused::confused:

Mine has been stuck at the factory for a week also. Hopefully we shall get delivery soon

Mine due today tomorrow as well. Same issue. Love to check the oil, and the brakes, and the throttle on "dynamic"......:D

Does the new WC not still have an oil cooler?:nenau Its not 100% water cooled so I assumed it still needed some sort of oil cooling capability.

Does the new WC not still have an oil cooler?:nenau Its not 100% water cooled so I assumed it still needed some sort of oil cooling capability.

No, the oil cooling has been completely replaced by water cooling. The remainder is air cooling via fins.

I often wondered if it was simply down to oil being held in the oil cooler above the beak to a greater or lesser degree.

I've never had trouble checking oil levels on Japanese bikes that have oil coolers fitted.

But then, I've never had trouble checking the oil on my 1200GS Classic either...

. . . well, not what oil but 'where oil'

Remember those dark mysterious days when checking oil level was a black art, sometimes the level looked ok, sometimes it didn't. Must check the level using the same routine etc etc . . .

So, the big question for those of us out there lucky enough to have a new bike to ride is this - have you noticed whether the apparent oil level is more consistent without all the previous monkeying around? My theory is without all that oil cooler stuff it may well be :thumb

If the question winds you up, then :augie
If you want to vent some spleen, then go for it
If you want to have a 'doh, not another' moment, then this is for you :blast
If it brings a smile to your face, then :)

Dunno, mine has an oil check thingy on the display that tells me all is well with the oil level (not pressure) but I still take a look in the window and do it the old fashioned way just to be on the safe side.

Dunno, mine has an oil check thingy on the display that tells me all is well with the oil level (not pressure) but I still take a look in the window and do it the old fashioned way just to be on the safe side.

Mines just arrived at Vines. :beer:

Sent dealer email telling him to hurry and deliver it before next recall. :augie

Image.jpg

I checked the oil before i set off, :thumb

Had a great run out in fantastic weather on an amazing bike :blagblah

Over to the ponderosa, through horse shoe pass, Lanberis (not sure how to spell it, its foreign) Shrewsbury and home ,

Well called at my mates, he took the photo on his phone,:blast

Are you guys still waiting :):D

ps, need to find somewhere to put the tax disc :nenau

Back
Top Bottom