Just Bagged the last new one in the UK..

MikeP

UKGSer of 2014 (Dead)
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
There are six in Germany apparently:

K1%20BMW%20%28353%29-L.jpg

:JB

"Bagged"

See what I did there?

:duck:

I'll get me coat.

There's a reason why it's called a Multivario. There are about five permutations:

K1%20BMW%20%28352%29-L.jpg

Motorworks list them but not as cheap I managed to get this one from BMW. :thumby:

K1%20BMW%20%28351%29-L.jpg

I have to whip the tank off to fit the 'K1' clips to the underside of the tank but that can wait a day or so.

They always remind me of some sort of teutonic truss...........good for holding things in that shouldn't need holding if you get my drift!:D

I'd do a 'Snoopy's awakening' to get a really good K1 though...........!:augie

FP.

They always remind me of some sort of teutonic truss...........Good for holding things in that shouldn't need holding if you get my drift!:D

I'd do a 'wake up Snoopy' to get a really good K1 though...........!:augie

FP.

Those nice people at Ocean got this one for me Mike. I'm sure that they'll get one of the German ones for you. The part number is:

71 60 7 666 497

Be quick. I was told yesterday of another K1 undergoing a restoration only a few miles away, another Classic Black one too (common as muck them you know :D).

Got one of these Mike

I've got one Mike - but its black/grey with yellow piping - use it on the bumble bee GS. Great bit of kit with extra levels of attachment and a YELLOW :eek: rain cover.

I have one of the grey/blue with red piping Multivario's in the garage but it's for other K-Series.

The base for the K1 is different because of the angle of the two side straps. The K1 and K1100RS use two metal brackets attached to the underside of the tank that then poke through a cut-out in the tank shroud (K1) or the long side panels (K1100RS).

Standard Multivario bases also seem to have the two zips in a slightly different position (having tried the other one on the K1 base, it doesn't fit). I reckon that the upper sections are interchangeable and so too is the rain cover (the new one is black).

The old ones were the blue/grey with an orange rain cover (it clashed horribly with the red & yellow bikes):

K1%20Castile%201993-L.jpg

:D

Back
Top Bottom