Is the LC too much?

Hammam

Reaction score
To those with a little riding experience riding the new GS: is it too much power and torque for an average rider? I intend to lend mine to some member of my family, who has logged maybe 10,000-15,000 kms on my other bikes (2009 GS and 2012 RT), and I don't want him (or me, for that matter :D) to pull a wheelie just by looking at the right grip. We read everywhere how powerful and fast the new GS, but is it controllable? Can it be gentle if you are gentle with it?

Stick it in rain mode and its a gentle giant.
Okay. Thank you. And what about «Road»? The idea is still to have fun and take advantage of all the torque, instant delivery and sensitive throttle, but not lose control at the first green light.

Okay. Thank you. And what about «Road»? The idea is still to have fun and take advantage of all the torque, instant delivery and sensitive throttle, but not lose control at the first green light.

Have. Read of your post and ask yourself he question and maybe ou will get the answer yourself.

You want all the torque, all the excitement

To get this you need dynamic mode and all the throttle so it comes down to

Self discipline

If you're that worried why not let your family member go and test ride a dealer's bike? So, if they can't handle the power it's not your bike that goes down the road.

:nenau

Have. Read of your post and ask yourself he question and maybe ou will get the answer yourself.

You want all the torque, all the excitement

To get this you need dynamic mode and all the throttle so it comes down to

Self discipline
Self discipline is no problem. A long as the bike has some.

If you're that worried why not let your family member go and test ride a dealer's bike? So, if they can't handle the power it's not your bike that goes down the road.

:nenau
:confused: The bike, I don't care, it's the family member.

Surely its gotta be the rider, not the bike, i've read so many posts here on what this bike is capable of etc etc but at the end of the day its still being ridden by a frigging human being :confused:

Don't these things come with traction control which, when it detects a difference in speeds between the front and rear wheels, kills the power momentarily, thereby stopping all chance of being able to pull said wheelie?:rolleyes:

An earlier version (2008 I think) that I tried did. Very boring.....:augie

Surely its gotta be the rider, not the bike, i've read so many posts here on what this bike is capable of etc etc but at the end of the day its still being ridden by a frigging human being :confused:

Sorry but you're behind the times. In 2013 bikes take control and have a CDC (Corrective Discipline Control) unit built in to their electronics. It automatically senses the lesser experienced rider is aboard and 'IT' rides accordingly. The human touch plays no further part in the riding because manufacturers have discovered that not all riders are equal.

:beerjug:
Sorry but you're behind the times. In 2013 bikes take control and have a CDC (Corrective Discipline Control) unit built in to their electronics. It automatically senses the lesser experienced rider is aboard and 'IT' rides accordingly. The human touch plays no further part in the riding because manufacturers have discovered that not all riders are equal.

careful dude you'll cut yourself one of these days :D:D:D:D

You are kidding I hope, you can kill yourself on a moped, I didn't realise they'd put a zzr 1400 engine in these new wc bikes, throttle works in both directions it's not an on off switch

:confused: The bike, I don't care, it's the family member.

Do everyone a favour then and don't let them ride it. Perhaps they could get some experience on a less powerful motorcycle to give you confidence in their abilities before you let them loose on yours. You'll be doing them, yourself and the wider motoring community a great service.

:rolleyes:

Everyone predicted that the new LC section would attract even more stupid questions than the 1200 section:rob:blast

Back
Top Bottom