Backing up Microsoft Outlook???

(RIP) willstatt

Lost
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I use Outlook and Win98. When doing a fortnightly backup, I just backup all the stuff in MyDocuments, and the Outlook .pst files in Windows/Local settings/Applications/Outlook... no prob

Question!

My mates running Windows XP, and a copy of my Outlook (for evaluation purposes of course) and I cannot 'find' the Outlook archive or any .pst files in order to backup.....

Any help anyone?

In 2000 & XP it is in a folder called:-

C:\Documents and Settings\%Logon Name%\
Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

where logon name is what ever you log on as.

Remember that this folder is a hidden folder so from windows explorer click on tools - folder options - view and check the radio button that says "show hidden files and folders"

Now where did I put my anorak :D:D

Einstein

Paul, you're a bladdy genius....... who needs software helplines???

Many thanks

Will

outlook backup

u can also download a plugin from microsoft that will back up your outlook files as & where u want them

regards

pete

In Outlook Click on "Tools" then "options" and then again on "Other". Second button down is "Autoarchive"; you will then be able to specify your backup options including your own folder for the destination of the archive.

Once you have done with this;

Click on"View" then on "Folder list", move to the folder list and right click on the inbox, or any folder you are interested in, Click on "Properties" and then on "Autoarchive" you will then be able to select "Archive folders in this folder using the default settings".

Easy?

Hello all,

Just to take it a bit further:
how do I back-up my email addresses in outlook express for use on a clean install of windows?

Cheers.
Bob

file>export>address book>text file (comma seperated values)

save it to destination of choice.

to use it in new install:

file>import etc.

Back
Top Bottom