Black Bag the favourite Border bin liner!

Farmer Palmer

Reaction score
A wee run around Berwickshire on my new Sh*tter.........A 98 DR350SE with 8,000 miles, an Acerbis 16 litre tank and an old Touratech tail bag.........All for less than £1k..........!

Attachments

• Harvest 2012 and Black Bag! 037.jpg
    Harvest 2012 and Black Bag! 037.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 336
  • Harvest 2012 and Black Bag! 041.jpg
    Harvest 2012 and Black Bag! 041.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 305
St.Abbs, Berwickshire and b*llock freezing!

Attachments

• Harvest 2012 and Black Bag! 039.jpg
    Harvest 2012 and Black Bag! 039.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 351
  • Harvest 2012 and Black Bag! 036.jpg
    Harvest 2012 and Black Bag! 036.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 359
Nice one Chris!

I knew you would be on a thumper soon having pass up the XR (to my advantage I may add)!

Shame we are so far apart otherwise I would show you round my local byways and the lanes around the surrey hills!

I went out on the XR with some guys from work too, Devils Punch Bowl, nice trails and even technical stuff!:beerjug:

Call you later to chat about the new purchase on your side!

Nice!

It's great fun to ride, nice and soft and the starting proceedure is a bit more starightforward than on the XR...........Simply hold your mug of coffee in your left hand and press the starter button with your right untill the motor fires!:D

The 'black bag' has a few minor issues.....The headlamps crap, the indicators flash at a varying rate and the nearside fuel tap has been snapped off but it turns with some pliers..........The frames a bit rusty and a few of the bolt heads are a bit rusty too, The rear brake disc allen bolts look a bit rounded so i may have to drill them out and replace them with new ones sometime if i'm bored and there's not much on the telly but the discs are good but that's good as in 'condition' rather than stopping power and the spokes are a wee bit rusty too!

MOT is good untill August and i've got previous MOT's and tax discs aswell as service invoices going back for years so it's got a reasonably good history!

Not bad for a bike that didn't cost much more than a service and two tyres for a big GS!

Did i tell you how easy it is to start?:D

FP.

After watching Mondo and Terra Circa again after nearly ten years I had a hankering after a wee DR350:cool:

I might even leave the 1200GSA at home this summer and chuck an Ortlieb bag with a tent in it and a toothbrush, some clean keks and some chip money and see how far the DR will go............!:thumb2

FP.

That looks fun :)

I've just been hunting for siezed hex bolts and rounded allen head bolts..........I must be really good because i've found loads of them which will keep me very busy on the long winter nights!:augie

My favourite apart from the rear disc bolts which will need drilled unless they magically plus gas out is the exhaust clamp bolt which is an inch longer than it needs to be and is also covered in black paint so it'll be fun to get off when the exhaust eventually rots through and needs welded/replaced.

Still, you can't polish a turd and this bike isn't for polishing its for riding!:thumb

FP.

Nice to see some pics of stabbs! We were meant to go back this week for a visit but the weather put us off...

Tom.

Chris,
I am actually thinking of getting a fork brace for my XR as today on the ride out my forks felt very bend and twisty over the rocks etc...

Maybe that is something you could do to the DR too...if you find the front too vague...

Back
Top Bottom