PDA

View Full Version : Bookings now open.:)

Crapaud
04-04-13, 20:40
Apologies for not posting much in here recently but I was forced to spend all of March in Florida taking in Daytona Bike Week etc. We are now back home in Devon for a few weeks but unfortunately I will be away again for all of May ( Spanish F1 in Barcelona followed by Med cruise) so I thought I needed to update things on here.

Costs:
Basic costs are 5 per night to cover camping, hot water, tea/coffee, use of Workshop etc, etc. Mega Devon breakfasts are only 5 and possibly the best value breakfast you will ever get. Evening meals (curry on Friday and luxury BBQ on Saturday) is only 6. Veggie option is available both nights.
So assuming a "standard" Friday night to Sunday morning package the cost is 32. I will of course adjust for variations but I'd prefer to keep it simple with the advance bookings.
Please send funds to my Paypal account which is:
horman [then insert the little ampersand symbol thingie] waffapool.fsnet.co.uk

Please also send me a PM (or post on here) so I can match Paypal accounts to usernames on here and real names.:) I was amazed last year how many used their wife's paypal accounts to pay for this.:D
Any surplus on event is donated to local charity that take disabled people on holidays.

Just a reminder about a few things:

The eventis open to all, BUT it is still primarily an Airhead Workshop weekend.
Other bikes are welcome to use the workshop facilities but Airheads will have priority.
ANY bike is welcome to attend from R80g/s to the latest liquid cooled 1200 and any other make as well.
You don't even have to come on a bike. Cars/vans/trailers/wobblyboxes etc all welcome.
Trial/Enduro bikes especially welcome as we have 10 acres of offroad enduro course and trials sections set up (Ask Mav who tried to get his HP2 around the course last Sunday.:D
It is a family friendly environment so wives and sprogs are welcome as well. We have horses and ponies available (to ride, not to eat:D ).
You can arrive as early as you like and stay as long as you like.
There is an excellent pub up the road which does good food for early arrivals.

I hope that covers everything but please ask if you have any questions.

I think this will be the best event of the year.

I am not limiting numbers as I think we can cope. Our neighbours have allowed us to use their fields if needed for addition camping.

Flipfly
04-04-13, 20:55
:thumb2

Will be there Friday and riding back Saturday (little uns 2nd birthday party Sunday).

Mav
04-04-13, 20:58
Having spent last Sunday night at Crapaud's place - I can tell you they are consummate hosts, with an endless supply of food! And the offroad area is indeed a lot of fun!

Highly recommended and hope to be there myself :thumb2

freeloader
04-04-13, 21:29
Standard 32 sent. Looking forward to it. :thumb

steves42
09-04-13, 11:06
hi sent 32.00 paypal yesterday ,also sent pm . please reply pm to acknowledge receipt thanks steve

Crapaud
09-04-13, 11:35
hi sent 32.00 paypal yesterday ,also sent pm . please reply pm to acknowledge receipt thanks steve

Replied. Many thanks.

I've spent last week giving the entire workshop a good refurbishment as it is now four years old. Surprising how much rubbish builds up in that time:(

Bought some bright yellow garage floor paint and finally got around to cleaning floor and applying it all. Workshop looks like new now.:) Might even buy another professional hydraulic bike lift. All tools cleaned and equipment such as compressors cleaned and overhauled.

Next job is to clear the enduro course and trial sections in the woods but some of the people who arrive early can perhaps help with that a bit. I might get some barrier tape to mark out a set route around the woods and we can have a timed competition with different classes for GSers and pogos.:)

We deserve some warm weather this year so hopefully we can all enjoy some sunshine as well.

Re the charity. They are starting to plan another holiday for locally severely disabled people in summer of 2014. I'm approaching Barclays for their for matched giving so that they will double whatever we raise and go a long way towards helping the charity fund next years outing.:)

Crapaud
09-04-13, 12:17
Might even buy another professional hydraulic bike lift.

Just ordered another super duper electro hydraulic bike lift similar to the good one I already have.

Sumprat
12-04-13, 18:37
Crapaud
Don't forget I'll be there from Saturday the 1st of June to help with final setup and preparations.

That of course includes;

Supplying you with copious quantities of alcohol just prior to you going on to EBAY :D

Watching you run, screaming girly style, out of the workshop followed by a 'small' hornet. :augie

Convincing you that driving the quad full pelt round the woods is a great idea (don't worry crashing it doesn't really hurt) :blast

Outtomunch
22-04-13, 12:01
Oooops, just caught up with this thread.

32 for one please, just Paypal'd to you in my full name so should be easy to spot :thumb

Andres

Crapaud
22-04-13, 19:22
Oooops, just caught up with this thread.

32 for one please, just Paypal'd to you in my full name so should be easy to spot :thumb

Andres

Why only one?

I thought you were bringing the lovely Amanda? Ann is upset.:(

But, I'm very pleased that you will be here. Many thanks for the Paypal transfer.

With John/Paintman in attendance as well we can have a mini Calum's Road reunion.:)

Outtomunch
22-04-13, 19:29
I'll drink to that :)

Sadly Amanda's stopping at home to give moral support to the evil step daughter as it's bang in the middle of her GCSE's - she sends her love x

Andres

Uncle Rob
22-04-13, 19:45
Hi Sid have just sent you 32 / Rob

nick.ct
22-04-13, 20:09
Just signed up, look forward to it

Nick :beerjug:

Crapaud
25-04-13, 07:42
Many thanks to all who have replied above and Paypal'ed funds.

I go away in a weeks time (2nd May) and not back until 28th May.

Still lots of places available but it would be helpful if people could let me know who is coming. There were lots of responses on the other thread so from that it looks like we will have a good attendance this year.

When I get back at end May, I have the Horizons Unlimited weekend at which I am presenting so I'm going to be busy.

I know it is a time honoured tosser tradition to leave everything to the last minute :) but it would be helpful if I didn't have too much of a panic in the final week before the event.:eek:

To those who have emailed me, there is definitely still spaces available on a first-come-first-served basis. Sorry if I haven't replied to emails but I've moved from Orange to BT and I'm having trouble replying to emails that came into my Orange/Freeserve address. That email is still valid as my Paypal address for payments but my computer is fighting it as an email hub as it wants me to use the BT one. As an Airhead rider, I am a technical numptie, so I need to wait until my sons come home to sort me out.:)

Any queries, please send me pm or ask direct on here.

Gingadude, you are very welcome with your R100GS and friends.:thumb

VAL. H.
27-04-13, 18:46
PP payment sent Sid :thumb2

Two with the camper van.

Val.

Crapaud
27-04-13, 20:48
PP payment sent Sid :thumb2

Two with the camper van.

Val.

Thanks Val. Funds received.:)

Sorry to hear about the dug:(

Look forward to seeing you in June.

Cheers

Sid

paintman
28-04-13, 18:28
64000 rupees sent to your offshore a/c to cover me and my little airhead,:hide looking forward to seeing You and Ann, hopefully whilst enjoying a 1976 style heatwave.

Cheers John.

PS. I will call you nearer the event.

Canuck
28-04-13, 18:45
And I am still in the country ill be over.... But in a car with possibly two bikes in boxes that time permitting I'd love some help to put together. I'll give you a ring over the next few weeks to confirm.

Crapaud
01-05-13, 21:42
Many thanks for the further bookings, it's coming along nicely now.:)

I'm off on holiday from Thursday 2nd May until 28th May but I hope to be able to get online and keep in touch most of the time. Problem is with my email as I switched my home Broadband from Orange to BT and still have a few technical issues.

If anyone has contacted me by email only, then please either send me Private Message or post on here and I'll get back to you.

Other things are all coming along nicely so I'll post separate threads and keep this one "clean" just for those who are booking in.

Still plenty of room for everyone and remember, all are welcome and this will be the best value UKGSer event of the year!

Arkwright
02-05-13, 07:08
Paid up and attending, Paul (Cobbster) as well I think!

Well done with the coach company!

We type 1's must stick together and help one another!

PW Cymru
11-05-13, 12:57
Payment done :thumby:

Crapaud
11-05-13, 18:14
Thanks Paul. Just checked my email and saw your payment.:thumb

Mike F
17-05-13, 07:48
Hi Sid

Just sent you a PM to fine tune plans but I'll see you that week one way or another.

Thanks

Crapaud
21-05-13, 16:45
Apologies to anyone who has been trying to contact me during last 10 days. Only managed to get a few minutes of free McDonalds Wifi in Valencia and then nothing for a while. Even my super new smart phone has given up. Not viewed any emails in last ten days now so not seen any paypal receipts.

There appears to still be plenty of places still available as several people have posted on the other thread that they want to come but have not yet confirmed for definite. Last minute bookings are not a problem as it is easy to buy extra food etc at last minute. Obviously what we want to avoid is the situation when people say they are coming but drop out at last minute.

I guarantee that this event will once again be one of the best social events of the year with good food, good booze and excellent company. See previous years reports for proof of this.

And now the bad news:(

Everytime we get near to the event, I have a family crisis. Previous years have included my oldest son cracking his head open.:(
I just heard this morning that my 83 year old father has been taken into HDU (High Depenancy Unit) in Jersey as he is seriously ill and it doesn't look good. My sister is a senior hospice nurse and she has told me to get to Jersey ASAP so I'm currently in St Malo on Tuesday night waiting to get 7.00 am Wednesday ferry over to Jersey. Latest news is that my father is "stable" but on a respirator so I suspect he may not have long left.:( Several times I been told to fly over to Jersey and everytime I get there the old git is 100% OK. My presence usually worries him. "If you have flown over here then I must be seriously ill:D" Joking aside, we both know that he is on borrowed time and I am the executor of his will so I have to be there. If the old git is inconsiderate enough to check out just before Gentlemen's Week-end then I'll have to ask them to put him on ice until after the event when I can return to Jersey to sort things out.

However, I know that all my good friends on here will help in everyway to ensure that the event is unaffected by anything my family throw at me.

Sumprat is coming down to Devon from Saturday 1st June so he can assist with all arrangements to do with food and accomodation. Arrive whenever you like, and Sumprat will ensure that you are fully taken care of.:)

Also, Proff remains a valued friend who can be contacted with any questions regarding the event and the logistics of all things Airhead related.

Its at times like this that you reallyappreciate all your good friends especially those from this site. :) A huge thanks to all those good friends that I know I can rely on to help me at this difficult time, too many to mention.:)

Sid

Flipfly
21-05-13, 17:46
Sorry to hear the news about your father Sid, fingers crossed.

I'll be there Friday night to entertain the troops:thumb I'll help wherever possible:thumb

Uncle Rob
21-05-13, 17:55
I'll be there Friday night to entertain the troops:thumb how super the LC guru there to regail stories :blagblah about the lastest gs model :D

nick.ct
21-05-13, 17:55
Sid, really sorry to hear about your 'Auld git', if there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.

Sometimes in these situations you just want folk to 'Feck off' and sometimes there is something that folk can do to help.

All the best mate, looking forward to seeing you all.

Flipfly
21-05-13, 18:30
how super the LC guru there to regail stories :blagblah about the lastest gs model :D

That depends if my order comes in time :D fingers crossed ;)

shready
21-05-13, 20:55
Hi Sid, I was hoping to attend this year but sorry I cannot.

Have a great weekend folks:thumby:

Crapaud
25-05-13, 13:29
Many thanks for the kind words and the various fresh bookings that have come in.

My Dad really does appear to be immortal. My sister never thought he would survive as his pulse and blood pressure were so low but he appears to be recovering. He was in Intensive Care but they have moved him to a normal ward. He was last heard bitterly complaining that the BBC were not showing the Monaco F1 qualifying live and the hospital TV did not have Sky Sports F1. He's not missed an F1 race in decades so he's not happy. We might have to try to spring him from the hospital in the morning so he can watch the race at home.:D

Meanwhile, my mother has been taken into the local hospice.:(

I've just collected a massive Fruits de Mare (Seafood Platter)for this evening and will be having an enormous feast and booze up here in Jersey tonight.

Less than two weeks to go now.:)

BAKERMAN
25-05-13, 13:39
give Owen my regards :thumb

Mark Hooton
26-05-13, 16:24
If anyone is travelling from the North on the Friday and wouldn`t mind me tagging along (I`ll buy my own coffee, refrain from farting and behave myself) then I`d be pleased to meet them on the route down?

I should be traveling from North Lincolnshire, leaving around noon..............

Any kindly fellow travellers please PM me.

Ride Safe.

:thumb

Crapaud
26-05-13, 18:58
give Owen my regards :thumb

Called in and saw Owen Lewis at Bikers Jersey yesterday. He asked after you Steve and he is off on another biking epic soon.

Bad day yesterday for both Mum and Dad. Both very confused so very distressing seeing them both like that.:( Told my sister that I will have to get back to Devon before Airhead Weekend to sort out the event but it looks like I will have to come back over here to Jersey immediately after the event.

Numbers for event are looking good now but could still squeeze in a few more.

Canuck
26-05-13, 20:29
Im in for early arrival on saturday and may have to head home that evening... Will paypall you now. If you need anything brought up while you are away or too busy to collect just let me know!

Ill bring up my harmonizer and hopefully be able to put it to good use.

Mark Hooton
27-05-13, 19:35
Please count me in. I will pay via paypal shortly.

And to keep it easy the name sending the paypal payment is Mark Hooton (I`m too easily confused nowadays...........)

Tibs
27-05-13, 21:45
Hi Sid, I'll definitely be there, but will probably "commute".
Sorry to hear about your folks, old-age really sucks doesn't it....
I was going to call in to see you yesterday but the road was shut due to a serious car smash. I guess you wouldn't have been there anyway. Doh!
Pete Tibs

Pukmeister
28-05-13, 15:47
Sid, really sorry to hear about your dad, I had similar circumstances with my own father whilst living abroad myself so I sympathise, especially as they are a tougher generation than us and just keep on going despite all that life can throw at them.

I'll be down on the Friday afternoon as I'm currently "between employment", hope its gonna be hot, dry and sunny as promised.

cookie
29-05-13, 11:21
just pay-pal'd you for 3 persons :)

Mark Hooton
29-05-13, 11:23
I`ve just paid you too.

best regards, Kind Sir :thumb

cookie
29-05-13, 11:39
the bad news is, i doubt i'll be coming on an airhead. i own 3, and all of them are presently hors de combat :rolleyes:

if i have time, i might MOT the le mans though :cool: otherwise it will be the 1200.

Crapaud
29-05-13, 15:53
the bad news is, i doubt i'll be coming on an airhead. i own 3, and all of them are presently hors de combat :rolleyes:

if i have time, i might MOT the le mans though :cool: otherwise it will be the 1200.

Thanks Cookie, funds received. Must admit, I'd rather see the Le Mans than the 1200 but you are very welcome whatever you come on/in.:)

Crapaud
30-05-13, 21:59
Finally back in Devon.

Back home to find that:

1.Both the Skoka and the Jeep have flat batteries so I'm stuck using the Bentley to do the shopping etc:(

2. Boiler has packed up so no hot water.:(

3. Calor gas has ran out so cooker not working either.:(

But good news is that parents are both still breathing so no immediate need to return to Jersey in next week.

Today I finished off the CBR400RR and it now looks fantastic.Then I made new rearsets for the Fazer 600. Finally, the KTM was given a full service with all the VAT-free bits I collected in Jersey. That now allows me to concentrate on Airheads for the immediate future.

Roger Chatterton
31-05-13, 13:11
Hi Sid,
thanks for the PM/reminder - sorry not to have replied earlier, but I was hoping my "condition" might have improved, but sadly not.
I have had a trapped nerve in my neck since early March, which has, to say the least, been a tad painful! I can manage to ride the bike fairly well, but camping is just not possible, and even now, after lots of physio, I'm still suffering :rob.
So, I'll have to give this year a miss I'm afraid- hope it's the usual excellent fun & food and beer - and hope your parents are doing OK too.

I'm hoping to get to the HUBB this Sunday, but only for the day - again, no camping .....:camping :eek::eek::eek:.

Have a good weekend, and hope people post up some photos of the proceedings.

Mike F
31-05-13, 21:03
Hi Sid have PP'd you a few bob to cover my stay and will see you a bit earlier than the majority to tackle the engine swap on the 1150. I've stuck the off road wheels on it ready for a wobble round the track if I can get it going.

Details on a PM.

See you Weds, and thanks.

Mike F
31-05-13, 21:20
And I am still in the country ill be over.... But in a car with possibly two bikes in boxes that time permitting I'd love some help to put together. I'll give you a ring over the next few weeks to confirm.

Hi Canuck

Are you still half interested in that 21" front wheel I have (off an 1150).

If so I'll throw it in the car so you can try it out (am trailering bike down - its a bit dead...).

Let me know by the end of this weekend if you can.

Canuck
31-05-13, 21:32
Hi Canuck

Are you still half interested in that 21" front wheel I have (off an 1150).

If so I'll throw it in the car so you can try it out (am trailering bike down - its a bit dead...).

Let me know by the end of this weekend if you can.

1150 is now sold.... :tears

cobbster
03-06-13, 13:10
Hi Sid, hopefully it's not too late to book? I have managed to get out of work on Friday, Charles lad would also like to come down on his 1150.

Both of us would need somewhere to put out tents if that's ok?
Many thanks

GS_or_bust
03-06-13, 17:21
Sid

I have sent 32 to cover two bikes and two tents on Friday night with evening meals and breakfasts. My neighbour Stuart has heard the stories of last year and wants to tag along if that is OK.

Crapaud
03-06-13, 19:36
Sid

I have sent 32 to cover two bikes and two tents on Friday night with evening meals and breakfasts. My neighbour Stuart has heard the stories of last year and wants to tag along if that is OK.

Funds received, thank you. I've updated the list of attendees to include you and your mate.:thumb

Sid

Crapaud
03-06-13, 19:45
Hi Sid, hopefully it's not too late to book? I have managed to get out of work on Friday, Charles lad would also like to come down on his 1150.

Both of us would need somewhere to put out tents if that's ok?
Many thanks

Not too late. We are filling up now but can always squeeze a few more in right up until last minute. We can always pop out to get extra supplies if needed. Space for tents isn't an issue as my neighbour has said we can use his lawn if needed. Luckily we now have excellent neighbours and that makes life so much easier.

Only limiting factor is speed of catering as we are simply a private house not a pub/restaurant. Our chef has now been banned from partaking of any further alcohol after last night :jager so he should be sober enough to cook about 40 breakfasts each day. It is not "fast food", it is quality food so may take some time but will definitely be worth waiting for.:)

Flipfly
03-06-13, 19:49
Not too late. We are filling up now but can always squeeze a few more in right up until last minute. We can always pop out to get extra supplies if needed. Space for tents isn't an issue as my neighbour has said we can use his lawn if needed. Luckily we now have excellent neighbours and that makes life so much easier.

Only limiting factor is speed of catering as we are simply a private house not a pub/restaurant. Our chef has now been banned from partaking of any further alcohol after last night :jager so he should be sober enough to cook about 40 breakfasts each day. It is not "fast food", it is quality food so may take some time but will definitely be worth waiting for.:)

Sid, any chance you can point us to your address. I've been to your place half a dozen times and still can't remember where it is :D:D:D:blast

cookie
03-06-13, 19:57
Sid, any chance you can point us to your address. I've been to your place half a dozen times and still can't remember where it is :D:D:D:blast

i have a sat nav waypoint for it, if anyone's interested.

Flipfly
03-06-13, 20:06
Yes please :thumb

cookie
03-06-13, 20:14
Yes please :thumb

i don't seem to be able to attach a file to PMs so you'll need to PM me your email, and i'll send it that way :)

Steptoe
03-06-13, 20:28
Paid my dues. And asked a very, very, important question ;).

Flipfly
03-06-13, 20:46
i don't seem to be able to attach a file to PMs so you'll need to PM me your email, and i'll send it that way :)

I've found Stibbs Cross, I'll know where I am then :D

Thanks anyway :thumb2

freeloader
03-06-13, 21:14

And another yes, please. By the time you read this you should have a PM from me.

cookie
03-06-13, 21:47
Several people should have received a link to download the waypoint from my Dropbox account by now.

Anyone else, just post here and I'll pm you the link :)

cobbster
03-06-13, 21:55
Yes please:beerjug::beerjug:

Pukmeister
03-06-13, 21:56
Yes please Cookie.

GS_or_bust
04-06-13, 08:14
Yes please

ryans85
04-06-13, 09:47
Is there space for another one?

jerryv
04-06-13, 11:08
Hi, i hope its not to late to be included in this week end of merriment.:beer: Been on the site for a while now and found it very helpful and just a little amusing reading some of the posts:forry:forry be nice to meet a few people and start useing bike for the reason i brought it. This will be our first camping trip, so will probably turn up totaly unprepared and leave ourselves open to merciless pi55 taking. Have sent standard payment to cover me and SHMBO for the Firday and Saterday.:bounce1

Crapaud
04-06-13, 15:00
Is there space for another one?

If you're quick, yes!

Need to finalise numbers soon for meal orders.

Jerry, funds received and list of attendees updated to include you.

Many thanks

Sid

BAKERMAN
04-06-13, 15:46
Paid my dues. And asked a very, very, important question ;).

please pop in on the way past :thumby:

Steptoe
04-06-13, 16:13
please pop in on the way past :thumby:

ooooohh .... Chocolate danish :drool

freeloader
04-06-13, 19:34
ooooohh .... Chocolate danish :drool

Get me one as well and I'll happily give you almost as much as you pay him for it. :D

(a pretty good offer considering it'll be second hand by the time I see it :augie)

BAKERMAN
04-06-13, 20:13
https://www.facebook.com/BurbidgesBakery?ref=hl

NEW Cake Garden :thumb

BAKERMAN
05-06-13, 03:58
https://www.facebook.com/BurbidgesBakery?ref=hl

NEW Cake Garden :thumb

Having to work on Friday and Saturday PIG ROASTING for parties, folks please pop in as you pass splits up my day, GOOD LUCK Sid its a great meeting Gentleman`s Wee-kend.