Identify these please ...

oblertone

Strawberry fields ... forever
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
... Following on from this post showing my Mum, a little digging in her flat produced another couple of bike related relative pictures.

Pic. 1 is my Mum again, with her sister & Father with the family transport, believed to be sometime around 1932.

Can anyone tell me what the bike is, I haven't a clue :nenau

Attachments

• Mum & Sidecar.jpg
    Mum & Sidecar.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 218
Even older ...

... is this one believed to be my Great Grandfather & Mother. Ladies, please note both the seating arrangements and stylish headgear :rob

Again, anyone know what the bike is ?

Attachments

• GG Grandad.jpg
    GG Grandad.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 211
... is this one believed to be my Great Grandfather & Mother. Ladies, please note both the seating arrangements and stylish headgear :rob

Again, anyone know what the bike is ?

I stuck this picture up on another Classic forum where someone identified it as a Levis. After checking out the range of M/Cs it looks like it might be a 1914-ish Levis Popular a 211cc two stroke. Nice picture :)

Great pics mate and great that thy're now out on the T'Interweb thingy. That'd tickle them wouldn't :thumb2

(Errr, hmmmm, the grass in pic 1 needs a cut) OK I'll get my coat:thumb2 :D

Ya mother looks older than ya Great Grandfather :nenau

DT was issued in Doncaster in April 1927 and WRS again by West Riding (Yorks) in 1912.

Thank you ...

DT was issued in Doncaster in April 1927 and WRS again by West Riding (Yorks) in 1912.

... for your responses, particularly Andy for the first ID :thumb The family comes from Doncaster so the reg makes sense. Interesting note on the back of the combo pic from my Mum "The only motorised transport in Wiltshire Road (Doncaster), the neighbours all come out to see us leave, and push" :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom