Tom Crean show

Aidan1150

Nice but unfortunate husband.
Mod Squad
Reaction score
Tom Crean Antartic Explorer the show is back on tour again covering a fair bit of the country.

Those of us who have seen it will probably go again it is so good and for those of you who haven't, then go. It is a cracking show, sad, funny but always enthralling you will really enjoy it.

Its in Newtownabbey on Saturday night then in Lisburn, Coleraine, Derry and Belfast next week then Dublin, Carrick-on-Shannon, Galway and Waterford in May and Carlow and Cork in June. Tickets seem to be only £12 or so which is pretty good value for a good night out at the theatre dahling.

More details here. :thumb2

Been there, sen that.

One of the best one man shows ever.
Leaves you with a total respect for Tom Crean, and, though the show does not mention it, some of the reasons associated with the death of Scott and his party, namely the class system. This meant that they took their class with them, not the most able.
One gets the impression that through all the expeditions he was on, he was the key to survival.
Will go again.
Myke

Well worth the ticket, and should be compulsory on the school history course. Heroic man.

Well, I went for the second time

tonight in Armagh.
It was even better second time round.
Unmiked, and I, sitting near the back of the theatre could have heard a pin drop.
Undoubtedly theatre at it's greatest.
One of the two best one man shows I have ever seen.
The other is Marie Jone's "A night in November", though, for that show to really work at it's best, you have to come from Norn Iron to appreciate the undertones.

Myke

Just got hold of the book 'An Unsung Hero' courtesy of Decky (Dec on here) :bow

Didn't know about those shows .... would like to think I could make one :thumb

Cheers Aidan

:beerjug:

Wanted to see this after the first post. Belfast is sold out. Coleraine is an hour and a half from the ferry. Ferry costs £200 for two plus a car. (Ok I'm a wimp!). Plus BnB. Looks like a no no.

Whoever goes, can they please become a stage door Johnny and ask yer man why he has not taken the show to Dundee? Hint: "City of Discovery". http://www.rrsdiscovery.com/index.php?pageID=151

Given that 2014 will be the centenary of the Shackleton expedition, I'd have thought that putting on the show in Dundee, a place with such close connections with Antarctic exploration, would have been a no brainer!

Bollox On the waiting List!

Anyone else think this boyo looks a bit like BOIRCHE ??

tomcreanposter%281%29.jpg

Back
Top Bottom