Austria Alps Trip ?

Welcome to the nut house fellow East Mids Tosser..:beerjug:.

Austria. Good choice!, make sure your bike is 100% legal. No dodgy HID's, sports exhausts etc,

Rozzers are everywhere and red hot, they carry a credit card machine (cost me £100 for a hid headlamp). Also if the speed limit says 30kph make sure that's what you do. They will be around every corner with a speed gun,

On the plus side, the scenery makes up for it! Can recommend Landeck and the Greif Gasthous. £35 per night all in, and their own underground secure garage for bikes.

Enjoy. (Slightly jealous.):mad:

All Booked for 9 Days Austria I cant wait Cumon July!!!!!!!

Booked a guided as billy no mates that are not under the thumb! that is LMAO

Regards
Chris H

Welcome to the nut house fellow East Mids Tosser..:beerjug:.

Austria. Good choice!, make sure your bike is 100% legal. No dodgy HID's, sports exhausts etc,

Rozzers are everywhere and red hot, they carry a credit card machine (cost me £100 for a hid headlamp). Also if the speed limit says 30kph make sure that's what you do. They will be around every corner with a speed gun,

On the plus side, the scenery makes up for it! Can recommend Landeck and the Greif Gasthous. £35 per night all in, and their own underground secure garage for bikes.

Enjoy. (Slightly jealous.):mad:

Not the Austria I know, but then I only live here! I think you are talking about your experience of one region. Austria has much more to offer than just the Tirol. Here in Carinthia life is a bit more relaxed. Our police are not "everywhere" or "around every corner" although they do often appear with hand held speed guns in towns and villages. In 5 years here I have yet to see a speed trap on the open road.

My GS is fitted with a Remus, with the cat. and standard can only fitted once a year for the test. Often I ride without the baffle in so it's a bit loud, never had a problem with that either. We get plenty of guests with noisy cans and not a single one has reported being stopped. Even those who have been stopped for speeding (normal fine around here 25 Euros) never have a problem with the police checking their bikes for small number plates, cans etc.

There are, of course, no 30mph signs, the normal limit in towns is 50kph and like in most of Europe there are no signs. The limit starts when you pass the town name board and carries on until you pass the board with a line through the name.

The ethos around here is very much live and let live. If you forget about the 50 limit and get stopped just be polite, say you are sorry and pay up. Unless you make a fuss the police here won't bother with you.

Now roll on summer!

John

I should have added that whilst there are a few 30kph restrictions for short sections on through roads (I can think of just 3 in our area) there is a sign with 30kph on it that can confuse non German speakers. The sign is very common in towns a villages and warns that the side streets have a 30kph limit, it will say ( in German) except B**(the main route that you will be on)

Many of our guests have been confused by these signs, I will try to photograph one and post the picture on here.

John

Austria & Alps Trip July

Just found out that I am the only one booked on with Freestyler Tours yet and if they dont get minimum of four the trip will be off:comfort

I may have to do a self guided job on my Jack Jones but on way or another my motor cycle and I !!!

Are going to the fecking Alps this year!!!!!!!!!:thumb

Regards To All

Chris H

Just found out that I am the only one booked on with Freestyler Tours yet and if they dont get minimum of four the trip will be off:comfort

I may have to do a self guided job on my Jack Jones but on way or another my motor cycle and I !!!

Are going to the fecking Alps this year!!!!!!!!!:thumb

Regards To All

Chris H

Check out the BMW motoradd days guided tour to Garmisch (not strictly Austria - but close enough) - also ride outs once there through some of the more scenic passes etc.. Dates are 3 -10 July. Full info from your local Motoradd dealer.

Check out the BMW motoradd days guided tour to Garmisch (not strictly Austria - but close enough) - also ride outs once there through some of the more scenic passes etc.. Dates are 3 -10 July. Full info from your local Motoradd dealer.

I'm doing Garmisch, then clearing off around Austria afterwards. Just in the planning stages. Want o do the Grossglockner, Eagles Nest and probably up west too.

Back
Top Bottom