Tyres in the east mids

I now use...

Grippers in Swadlincote after using R&S in Leicester for years.

Beat them proper on price as I was happy to pull the wheels off myself outside (they supplied blocks to support bike :thumb2)

Old school mate of mine, Dave Healey is the proprietor though I didn't know that till I fronted up with the bike after a telephone quote!

CoGS

Try MTS in Nottingham. 01159413333, - Tim Booth. I think he has a web-page.

R&S Tyres - Leicester

Returning home in Leicester from work at Nottingham last Thursday, I noticed a shiny screw sticking out from my near tyre. Hopefully, I tried to get the screw out thinking that it had maybe not gone all the way through ....... ppppsssssst. Bugger !

Quick call through to Carol Nash has a very nice bloke from the AA turn up who removed screw and put a temporary plug in. 40mph max to work the next day was not fun ..... but I'm sure that I could tell some tales about my excellent fuel economy.

Long story short, I phoned Tim at MTS (who I've used for a few years), but answerphone informed me that he was away until next Tues. Pidcocks could get a replacement for Mon/Tues. In desperation, I phoned MCA in Leicester who pointed me towards R&S Tyres, off Welford Rd in Leicester.

Yes ! Pilot Road 3 Trail in stock for my R1200GS 05 reg and open from 07:30 the next morning. I arrived at 08:30 and was away with new tyre fitted at 08:45, wallet being lighter by £150.

He gave me the option of repair for £30, but the tyre was squared off and needing replacement before my Sept trip to Germany/Austria, so I got it replaced.

I was impressed by the quick turnaround and wouldn't hesitate in recommending this place. He doesn't have an internet presence, so thought I'd give him a plug.

R&S Tyres
29 Oakland Rd
(off Welford Rd)
LE2 6AN

hi chaps,i would be interested to know what deals you have got on your tyres.
mainly so i can try and negotiate decent discounts so i can nail my prices down.
its a very competitive market and i want to strike a happy balance.so post up what you have paid.and i will see if i can beat it:thumby:

I just got a new PR3 Trail fitted to a loose wheel by ATS at Grantham

£153 including balancing, tyre disposal & VAT

I've been using R and S for for more years than I care to remember. Really nice people and do a proper job. May be other slightly cheaper places in the East Midlands region but not by much. Rather pay an independent than The Man.

Back
Top Bottom