New Toys

Rasher

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just ordered the SW-Motech Crash bars and Engine Gaurd :D

ECU Flash coming up as well :bounce1

I have the SW Motec bars and guard, they went on easy.

I have the SW Motec bars and guard, they went on easy.

I am still waiting for the Guard, the first set of bars were badly scratched so I sent them back, the replacements arrived yesterday - and are also scratched :blast

Have bought a lot of SW-Motech in the past because it was (IMO) of similar quality to Touratech at a much more agreeable price.

In fairness the kit itself looks OK so maybe their packaging department needs a kick up the arse, or they need to change couriers :nenau

For some reason there was a 2-3 week delay on the Guard, but at this rate I may well have this before the bars, they did offer a paltry £30 off the damaged ones but my view was the condition was worse than a lot of second-hand kit I have bought / sold in the past and if I am getting something in less than good second hand order I want to be paying near-new prices.

Rob, who on earth did you buy the guards from? Mine arrived in perfect nick, well wrapped in layers of bubble-wrap AND were in a big strong cardboard box? Geepers - I'm amazed !

cheers
Chris

I buy most stuff from Chainspeed, but they were shipped direct from the importers.

In loads of bubble wrap, but to be honest the marks look like something has had a proper go at the metal, I do not think this has happened in transit, more likely during packing - or maybe in transit from powder coating to packing :nenau

Mine were not in a box, just in bubble wrap.

SW-Motech were very good about the issues, as the marks were minor I accepted a bribe of a top box inner bag :D

Fitted the Bars and they look pretty handy, I would expect the lugs on the side of the frame to give in before the bars themselves - not that I plan on using them for their intended purpose.

Happy to report you can still remove the side panel to get to the battery with them fitted - xylo66 tipped me off to this before I bought them.

Sump guard should turn up in the next few days and I may even get around to fitting my WC sticker kit before the world oil reserves run out ;)

:postpics

:rob:rob:rob:rob:rob:rob

Bit brash, but you get the meaning!

Mike

It was pissing down, one of the reasons I actually did something other than ride the bike :D

Pics to follow..... eventually

Motohaus are the importers and the same as tour athwart you cannot order direct from Germany, Motohaus are clowns, they carry virtually zero stock but don't tell you till you have ordered and paid then you get an email from the marketing bint saying out of stock 4-5 weeks to delivery :mad:
The kit never turns up in the original packaging :nenau just a Jiffy bag, they are shite.

Why I always order from Chainspeed, I know they have to go back to motohaus, but the service is very good.

They check the stock and let me know how long the stuff is likely to take to show up, and I trust them to look after me if I get a problem, and in the past they have, they put the customer first which is why I don't go looking for the cheapest online price for expensive kit.

The kit itself has always been decent, the wait can be a PITA if your in a hurry, but the price / quality ratio is pretty reasonable if you can live with the wait.

Bash plate arrived last week, not bad, only just over five weeks from order to doorstep :blast

Anyway, it is now painted and ready to fit, and I have already fitted the crash bars and WC sticker kit :D

Will post pics when I get the whole lot fitted (probably this weekend if I can stop riding it for long enough)

I had a look at the SW-M bash plate but it looked like it attaches to the fixing on the sump meaning that if it gets a good smack it may rip the sump out.
I have the Yam alloy plate which is the same, just need to make sure I don't do anything to crazy off road... :eek

I have the Yam alloy plate which is the same, just need to make sure I don't do anything to crazy off road... :eek

Some folks in rugher parts of the world have been cutting this sump "bracket" thingy off, you can only go level with screw hole as it is hollow, although I think some folk have taken to removing it higher up and filling the hole.

I reckon unless you drop the bike onto a big rock you will be OK, I certainly don't plan on anything that extreme, and really just want it to keep the engine clean and tidy.

Finally got all the stickers and the Bash Plate fitted :D

The Bash plate looks pretty decent, certainly strong enough for my slow riding on gravel or dirt tracks and will stop front and underside of engine getting chipped away.

Had it sprayed black as I did not think it would look so good with my Silver bike, glad I did as it looks quite nice.

Instructions were a bit shite (luckily it is a fairly intuitive job) and one of the front mounts is impossible to attach unless you have 15 inch long fingers to hold the nut in place :blast

oooh set of Givi Trekkers turned up today along with Pyramid hugger MRA V-screen and a very tacky very very tacky Infinity fender xtender ! ill be busy chap ! fender xtender is bad it isnt even correct shape

Back
Top Bottom