New K1600 GTL

I bet it will be a while before that sees rain.....:augie

Had a blustery ride along the Yorkshire east coast as a debut.

IMG_1614_zps41cde8bd.jpg

What a machine :eek:

80mph and its ticking over :augie

No comforting coughing and farting of the boxer - it feels more electric and boy, if you spin it round the rev counter, it is :D

Mrs C is well happy with the pillion position so smiles all round :thumb2

Called in for a quick Fox and Rabbit on the way home :beerjug:

IMG_1621_zpscf6a8c67.jpg

IMG_1619_zpsf4326eeb.jpg

IMG_1623_zps4f30481d.jpg

Thats a Fabulous looking bike mate ,seen a couple up north last year and they looked the dogs danglies ,ride the wheels off it ,nice one:beerjug::drool

Just out of curiosity what OE tyres are fitted? i have GT which has Bridgestone BT021 rear and BT022 front fitted which will need changing soon.
Congrats on new bike.

Yesterday I rode from Drymen North of Glasgow to West of Cardiff on my 1600GT.

Cr*p weather most of the way but still arrived fresh as a proverbial once home - could comfortably have done another 2-300 miles.

Great bike

Had a blustery ride along the Yorkshire east coast as a debut.

IMG_1614_zps41cde8bd.jpg

What a machine :eek:

80mph and its ticking over :augie

No comforting coughing and farting of the boxer - it feels more electric and boy, if you spin it round the rev counter, it is :D

Mrs C is well happy with the pillion position so smiles all round :thumb2

Called in for a quick Fox and Rabbit on the way home :beerjug:

IMG_1621_zpscf6a8c67.jpg

IMG_1619_zpsf4326eeb.jpg

IMG_1623_zps4f30481d.jpg

Nice looking bike enjoy the world of smooth power delivery

Nice bike - would love to try that engine :beerjug:

by the way does it become a GT by just removing the boxes or are the two bikes separate entities?

Nice bike - would love to try that engine :beerjug:

by the way does it become a GT by just removing the boxes or are the two bikes separate entities?

They feel very different.

The GTL you sit in and look out though the screen, the GT is more involving. I really could not get on with the GTL, but love the GT. The GTL is limited to around 145mph. I mean, really, how tame is THAT?

Had a bimble (well as much as you can bimble on this thing) down the Fosse Way to Dorset.

Stopped in the very nice Moreton on Marsh :thumb

IMG_1627_zpsd000ab81.jpg

IMG_1626_zps959202bf.jpg

IMG_1625_zpsd6e5eb69.jpg

Riding two up the bike is exactly what I was hoping for. Dropping into 3rd and winding it round the rev range makes overtaking a real buzz. I was almost hoping for some more traffic to overtake - almost :augie

We have managed to swallow the luggage for a weekend away but I don't think it will be sufficient for a fortnight. Will probably get a rack for the top box as a tank bag is not an option.

Had the music blaring from the speakers using the iphone all the way down :)

Mrs C is in love with the pillion position including her own heated seat.

Got to grips with most of the toys now - including the 'find pub' feature.

IMG_1628_zps73efe9ba.jpg

IMG_1629_zpsc9e5e89b.jpg

Must admit test rode one coupe a weeks ago and after a LC, man can the GTL move, great bike big smiles, even going over the moors in the pouring rain, playing with the screen to see where the rain drops go.

Amazing bit of kit apart from the 19k to buy it, but its now on the too buy list which the LC never made, just need to try the new RT at the end of the year before making decision.

Amazing bit of kit apart from the 19k to buy it, but its now on the too buy list which the LC never made, just need to try the new RT at the end of the year before making decision.

£18K before negotiations gets you everything on the GTL including panniers/topbox.

The LC must be over £15K fully spec'd. The GSA will close the gap it will be interesting to see where the RT is placed price wise.

Back
Top Bottom