New GS owner from the land of OZ

OZGSer

Reaction score
Hi Guys and gals

My name is Kris (aka: OZGSer).
I live in Melbourne, Australia
I am new to this forum and in fact new to the world of GS and BMW for that fact.

I am a leisure rider, don't ride daily or anything, but every chance I get I am on the bike taking some sort of tour. There are a few BMW forums around, but this looked like a good place to start.

I've put a deposit down on the new Liquid cooled GS in November last year, sight unseen, and took delivery mid March. I was the first to take possession at my dealership anyway. She's been in my hands now for a bit over a month and just due for her first service

I come from a world of motor racing and adventure bike touring in quite new to me from the bike sense. Bikes like the GS, Tiger, KTM adventure, etc ... always seem to be bit of ugly ducklings to me (function over form so to speak), but there is a certain beauty in that I realised and made a switch. Probably getting old.

My whole life I enjoyed getting away to the unknown. Seeing the country, enjoying the experience, but I always craved power and always had the wrong bike for it. Right bike from what my heart wanted and still wants, but the wrong bike for that purpose. In fact I came up with every way possible to keep modding my bike to give me the best of both worlds and then I realised I need to stop being childish and get a proper touring bike

My other bike is a (Ducking for cover now) a 2008 Yamaha VMAX. Its one of about 100 in the country so rare, never see another on the road or a bike meet ever so it always draws attention and the power, my god the power (202 SAE HP and 178Nm of torque). The torque is what is impressive at 3K RPM and what makes the bike so great and ridable. She is a monster and eats anything out there for breakfast and left overs for lunch.

In any case I am rambling on and this is not about my other bike.

I've been loving the GS so far. just about 1060 kms on her now due for a service and I've been having a ball. I didn't realise it was such a great handling bike. Certainly underpowered comparing to my typical bikes, but that's not the point any bike feels like that to me now until I climatise on the GS.

I am here to learn new things about the GS, share my experiences along the way, hopefully contribute a little and above all make some new friends

Thanks for having me
Cheers, Kris

Few pics of my new bike

DSC_8283.jpg

DSC_8343.jpg

DSC_8348.jpg

DSC_8358.jpg

DSC_8361.jpg

DSC_8377.jpg

DSC_8425.jpg

Few pics of my Yamaha VMAX

DSC_7690.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

DSC_6935.jpg

IMG_0160.jpg

DSC_8232.jpg

DSC_8250.jpg

DSC_8261.jpg

Welcome to the site Oz.:thumby: Your GS looks good, but that VMax looks like something out of Mad Max:eek::drool:beerjug:

Phow!!!

Welcome, you will love the site loads of info. I saw the new WC in Algecires B.M.W for the first time and it looks fantastic. Great pics of your bikes and the chicks wern't bad, the one on the right deserves me. :beerjug:

Thanx guys. It's good to be part of the BMW community.

Yes My VMAX is a rare beast. Loved that bike the past 5 years like no other. Plus the girls seem to be drawn to it, never drawn to me for some reason :confused:

I've been searching like mad about AutoCom setup and this CanBus system on the BMW and a whole other bunch of subjects. Found some great info already.
Can't believe how expensive anything with BMW on it is.

My local dealer wants $495 for a tank bag for Pete sake. Why? It's made in the shape to fit the tank you know :blast

Greetings & salutations, welcome to the site....:thumby:

Have you been downloading hi res pictures from the web ?!?! :augie

Back
Top Bottom