K1 Touring

Nearly bought one in Cannons 10 years ago. had touring panniers and a straight black paint job along with a dual seat

Might be what I've got then...In effect an RS rear. Just not much coming off the internet of the option.

It was a genuine model.

Same front as the K1 but with an RS style rear and panniers (as above).

My pops had a black one and sold it to my bro. They both loved it, I hated the way the front end always had the feel that it was tucking under. They were both devestating quick on it though, so I guess I must have been wrong :D

k1Touring.jpg

It was a genuine model.

Same front as the K1 but with an RS style rear and panniers (as above).

My pops had a black one and sold it to my bro. They both loved it, I hated the way the front end always had the feel that it was tucking under. They were both devestating quick on it though, so I guess I must have been wrong :D

k1Touring.jpg

Same photo I found on a search and this one as well.

He's stuck an RS mudguard on it...think I'll do the same.

As yours has the standard foot-peg plates, I'd suggest that unlike both of the blue ones, yours is a genuine "touring" model (quite a few were modified by owners who kept the K1 set-up).

If you have the fairing side panels, genuine "touring" ones have a cut-out to stop the foot-peg plates leaving your feet trapped inside the fairing. Owner conversions keep the original K1 pegs as new side panels becomes a bit pricey.

Steptoe mentioned that they existed...

What was different then?

One little throwaway comment on the phone and you've found yourself with a rare classic that you had no idea existed. :D

As yours has the standard foot-peg plates, I'd suggest that unlike both of the blue ones, yours is a genuine "touring" model (quite a few were modified by owners who kept the K1 set-up).

I know you can't go just by colour but every genuine factory K1 touring that i've ever seen has been black.
Classic Schwarz to be precise.

I know you can't go just by colour but every genuine factory K1 touring that i've ever seen has been black.
Classic Schwarz to be precise.

Me too. But I look away quickly as I think that they are an aberration. :D

Oooh, I've got a rare one!!

Mine's even more special as it's got the patina'd look of 10 years in a canal about it....

Another way to spot a genuine Touring K1 is that they used the K100/K75 low seat as it lifts off like the "proper" K1 seat as opposed to hinging on the offside. The standard K100/K75 seat wouldn't line up with the tank shroud/knee pad.

Another way to spot a genuine Touring K1 is that they used the K100/K75 low seat as it lifts off like the "proper" K1 seat as opposed to hinging on the offside. The standard K100/K75 seat wouldn't line up with the tank shroud/knee pad.

Seat looks like new(well compared to the rest of it...)

Came from down your way...

Back
Top Bottom