Starter button needed

locsun

Reaction score
I've got a R1200GSA and the little grey starter button that sits in the kill switch has dropped off.

I've tried various salvage/breakers around the country but no joy. Any ideas on how to resolve? I'm fed up with carrying a screw driver with me to start the bloody thing!

A friend recently had the same problem on her F650 GS twin. ISTR that she sourced a starter button from Motorworks. It came complete with circlip and of course, you need to disassemble the right hand switch cluster to fit it. Or rather, you need a tame ghiribizzo to do that for you......:thumb

Thanks for that, have been on to Motorworks but no joy. I'll keep trying and in the meantime I'll carry my screwdriver with me.

Before the repair, she used a small screw which was attached to the switchgear with a piece of woven nylon tape.

I have one from my 06 1200R, my right hand switchgear was cracked in the accident so can't really sell it as a whole so can take it apart if you are still looking for the button?

I could have done with that the other day, couldn't work out how to get it all apart so sent the whole lot, at least locsun will know what to do with it now :thumb

Huge thanks to Daisy Duke and Miff for their help, means I can put my screwdriver away before leaving for Bosnia and Albania next week!!

Thanks again guys

Back
Top Bottom