triumph tiger 955i any good

jackassdave

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
keep looking at these as a second bike ,like the trail style and mag wheels ,from what ive heard they seem pretty reliable .
think theres a web site somewhere for them .
you seem to get a lot for your money ,a 2006 ,955i with luggage ,for the same price as an old 1150 ,is there a reason there so cheap .
apart from the fact there so damm ugly

I had an 05 plate. I thought it was a very good bike,plenty of power,comfy.The only thing i found if you were pushing hard especially on bumpy glen/B roads the suspension was at or past its limit.Other than that i would thoroughly recommend one.The finish on mine was very good ,but it had been well looked after previously .

Do not hesitate I have had my 2005 model since 2007 and it is the second best bike I have owned after my hayabusa

Sooooo smooth, nice power, great sound especially now I have the triumph race can and off road tune. That year will have the panniers, heated grips, centre stand and maybe the uprated engine just prior to the 1050.

I can't rate the bike highly enough. Only problem for me is people are giving them away price wise so best bike for the money. Buy one and enjoy :D

Oh and BTW beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Great bikes , weakness on early bikes was clutch cable frayed quickly and ignition switch fell out due to poor screws . Finish is excellent engine a peach . I had a 1994 a 1999 and a 2001 model .

I've just bought one ! 05 plate with panniers, gel seat, heated grips, spotlights, engine bars 24K miles in Silver. It's no GS, but its still bloody good fun, well built, nice engine, and it revs !!

ive gone off that idea now :blast

oh FFS :blast

ok Dave they are a load of shit !!!!!! :pullface . now you can go buy one :D:D:D:D:D

great bike fab engine just pulls and pulls then give s a bit more:cool::cool:

However ive just sold mine and going back to an 1150 :green gri:cool:

You could say that, then I could respond with the OP was asking about the 955 not the 885. There's a big difference between the two bikes. For example if you rode the fuel injected 885, thinking this is what the 955 variant is like, then you probably wouldn't buy one :hide

Back
Top Bottom