BVM v Bath Road Bristol

ralphy

I'm just coming up to my 1st service & would welcome comments on both BVM in Stroud & Bath Road in Bristol. Both are within reach, I've visited them both but welcome feedback on their servicing.

if this is the very 1st service then only the dealer that you bought the bike from will do it "free" (just charge for oil & filter)

however, if this is the 1st proper service then there is not a lot to choose between the 2 places

I have used Bath Rd for a 12k service and in the thread about pricing their cost was pretty average.

I imagine the service was done properly - I am nearly at 18k and ready for another service. The bike still runs fine and nothing has broken or fallen off.

BVM seem popular on this board.

I would contact both dealers and ask for a quote. If the price is close then extras like a free loan bike (Bath Rd do this) or collection may come into it.

Bath Road

Here's my two penneth.

I bought my bike from BVM but have never had it serviced there. They're a good bunch and my mate who has his R1100S serviced there is happy with what they do.

I always had mine serviced at Bath Road as it was more convenient for me. There's a guy there called Mike who knows his stuff and is very helpful. A couple of examples - He rang me (not wrote) about 18 months ago to let me know about the recall surrounding the front brake line on my R1150GS (he was ringing all GS owners on their database).

Secondly, he managed to get my whole back wheel replaced free of charge (well, I had to pay the labour) under a goodwill claim. The old corrosion problem but by then the bike was 3 years old!!

Have been happy with the servicing too and I trust them on that front. That said, I don't think much of the shop itself (poor range of accessories and clothing) or the other staff but for me the quality of the servicing is the most important thing.

This is all my personal experience of course.

ralphy said:
I'm just coming up to my 1st service & would welcome comments on both BVM in Stroud & Bath Road in Bristol. Both are within reach, I've visited them both but welcome feedback on their servicing.

Can't comment on Bath Road's servicing but if they have a similar attitude to their sales staff I'd stay well clear.

Mike.

Re: Re: BVM v Bath Road Bristol

mikebelch said:

Can't comment on Bath Road's servicing but if they have a similar attitude to their sales staff I'd stay well clear.

Mike.

I had a very good experience with the sales bloke when buying a used 1150GS from Bath Rd.

I took the bike out for a demo ride and by the time I returned over 2 hours later he had done a HPI check on my bike and found a trade buyer for my CBR600 (Bransons in Yeovil)

He offered an excellent part exchange figure and I collected the bike a couple of days later paying the balance by credit card for which I got 1% cashback.

I could have ridden the bike away that day but as it was late on a Saturday afternoon and I could not arrange insurance cover.

I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to register my experience of Bath Road Motorcycles.
I have, within the last 3 weeks, bought my second new BM within a year, (and first GS) from this dealership. The premises are not the biggest or most modern, the accesssories not the most comprehensive, but as far as friendliness and helpfulness goes, I have found them second to none.
They have even managed to do me a good deal on both occasions with brand new bikes that are not generally discounted.
Likewise, the service department is excellent, and I am always provided with a loan bike.
I even feel comfortable enough to pop in just for a free coffee. :D

BVW good, Bath Road not so

Again, old thread but I thought I'd briefly give you my experience.

BVM, seemed hard to get a loan bike so I didn't bother. BVM seemed reluctant to book my bike in (it was when the 1200GS was being launched). However the service from this point was good, I really took to them. As for the quality of the work, no reason to doubt it.

Bath Road, seem pleasant enough, but to me seem a little inefficient, I had quite a lot of hanging around while they got themselves organised (I was a bit pissed off at this), service seemed very expensive to me (and they didn't wash the bike, which pissed me off more when I though how much dosh I gave them). BUT, my GS feels like a different bike now, smoother, quieter, like a new bike! Fantastic.

All thinks considered, I will be doing the more routine service stuff myself in future (to save on the excessive service costs), thinks that need special tools/skills will be going to BVM.

Back
Top Bottom