BMW aux light hanger

Dave Hall

Reaction score
Visited the bike show today and admired the PIAA lights on the GSA and blue/white GS hanging from the roof. The hangers look to be moulded plastic and seem to be securely bolted under the beak. Threw caution to the wind and asked how much...£300...king hell, I hope that included the lamps.

Dave

I don't know what the BMW lightbar looks like but Cyclegadgets have been doing this combo for a while. They charge $90 for the bar and the PIAAs come to about £125 in the UK - they are far more expensive than the Halfords you see around and talked about on this site (but far brighter). £300 seems a bit steep but if they were adding labour it would come close to that.

Mounted

I mounted my PIAAS directly under the beak, using longer bolts replacing the ones that go up through the oil cooler, using aluminium spacers similar to paddock stand bobbins.

Jez,

Got one on my Adventure (had to bodge it to fit, as it uses the 'cheek' bolts that hold the screen on & the Adv ones are set wider apart). Excellent bit of kit, but expensive. Expensive if you buy it in the US. PHUQING expensive if you mail order it & pay import duty. I chickened out from working it out exactly, but it was above £170 by the time I'd paid all the various carriage/duty/VAT bits.....

MikeO:eek:

cheers Mike, yeah it does seem a bit on the steep side. I wonder if there is anyone in the club who can come up with something similar , perhaps another mission for young mr Vernon!:cool: :beer:

photie

who do you think I am ? David Bayley ?

Ok Will take a pic once I have washed it this weekend

no hangers

ok so I havn't washed it yet, waiting for the rain to stop, heres how I attached the PIAAs without a hanger :

Attachments

• peaksam.mps
    46 KB · Views: 103
piaa lights

piaa lights

Attachments

• gs100-93-ls.jpg
    gs100-93-ls.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 221

Back
Top Bottom