Robson or Jeffries?

Tommy Gunn

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Morning all.
I'm bringing the car up to York for a service tomorrow & thought I might take the opportunity to have a wander round a different BMW Motorrad dealer.

I've got a courtesy car for the day & will probably be heading into the Dales for a spin at some point so both dealers can be sort of en-route.

I'm not looking to buy a new bike just yet, though I would like a poke & prod around a few, and I could be tempted to buy some as yet unseen 'must have' accessory.

I don't want to do both dealers, which would you recommend please?

Thanx in advance.

Morning all.
I'm bringing the car up to York for a service tomorrow & thought I might take the opportunity to have a wander round a different BMW Motorrad dealer.

I've got a courtesy car for the day & will probably be heading into the Dales for a spin at some point so both dealers can be sort of en-route.

I'm not looking to buy a new bike just yet, though I would like a poke & prod around a few, and I could be tempted to buy some as yet unseen 'must have' accessory.

I don't want to do both dealers, which would you recommend please?

Thanx in advance.

Alan Jefferies for sure :) See Paul tell him Big Derek sent you and your bill will go up :)

Big D

Both are fine, Robson is a bit smaller.....................but I'm not keen on visiting dealers for no purpose anymore, better things to do nowadays

You're right JB. But the car's going to be in the dealer all day & the weather looks crap.
I might as well look at bikes & bits, I'll possibly try to find a bicycle shop somewhere in the area with a good selection of bikes & bits to mooch around as well.

And of course, now I've seen tipped the wink to fill my boots & ask Paul at Jeffries to add it to Big Derek's slate, it looks like being a good day out.

Edit: I might also head to Fimbers Log Cabin for some brekkie. I know it's somewhere near Fridaythorpe but can't find it's location on Google Maps. Can anyone point me in the right direction please? Is it likely to be open tomorrow?

You're right JB. But the car's going to be in the dealer all day & the weather looks crap.
I might as well look at bikes & bits, I'll possibly try to find a bicycle shop somewhere in the area with a good selection of bikes & bits to mooch around as well.

And of course, now I've seen tipped the wink to fill my boots & ask Paul at Jeffries to add it to Big Derek's slate, it looks like being a good day out.

Edit: I might also head to Fimbers Log Cabin for some brekkie. I know it's somewhere near Fridaythorpe but can't find it's location on Google Maps. Can anyone point me in the right direction please? Is it likely to be open tomorrow?

If you are coming up from Lincoln. When you cross the Humber Bridge follow the signs for York A164, Then pick up the A1079 signposted York. At the first roundabout pick up the signs for Malton, Keep following the signs for Malton and pick up the B1248 through Cherry Burton. Stay on this road through Bainton and Tibthorpe until you come to the junction at Wetwang for the A166. Turn right through Wetwang. As you exit Wetwang pick up the B1248 again signposted Malton. Fimber Cafe is on the right just before you get to the roundabout.:thumb

If you are coming up from Lincoln. When you cross the Humber Bridge follow the signs for York A164, Then pick up the A1079 signposted York. At the first roundabout pick up the signs for Malton, Keep following the signs for Malton and pick up the B1248 through Cherry Burton. Stay on this road through Bainton and Tibthorpe until you come to the junction at Wetwang for the A166. Turn right through Wetwang. As you exit Wetwang pick up the B1248 again signposted Malton. Fimber Cafe is on the right just before you get to the roundabout.:thumb

Superb. Thank you. I'll be heading there after I've dropped the car off in York, but will be able to figure it out from there. Thanx a lot. :thumby:

Go to Jefferies then you also have 4 other bike shops within a 3/4 mile drive.
Moto Strada - Guzzi and Aprilia
Eddys Moto- all sorts of older exotica, there's a Laverda Jota and a Ducati Hilwood replica in the window
Cobb and Jagger - All things Ducati and Triumph
Craigs Honda - New solus Honda dealer.

I'll possibly try to find a bicycle shop somewhere in the area with a good selection of bikes & bits to mooch around as well.

All terrain Cycles is 2 mins from Jeffries, you'd be hard pushed to find a better bike shop

All terrain Cycles is 2 mins from Jeffries, you'd be hard pushed to find a better bike shop

Than again chaps, this is all coming together nicely. Reckon I might do Squires tomorrow on the way to Jeffries and the other motorbike shops, then do the bicycle shop nearby before heading to Stif bikes near Pateley Bridge then back to York.

Then I'll do Timbers on Sunday afternoon., weather permitting.

Than again to one and all.:aidan

Sat in Squires at the moment. This group of Ne'erdowells have just arrived on their way to the NW200.

IMAG0507_zps2b43e992.jpg

Slight correction,
Turn LEFT through Wetwang upto B1248 signposted Malton.Then turn right
Fimber café is on the LEFT just before you reach the roundabout :thumb

Steve

PS I don't think Margaret opens on a Monday or Tuesday.

Jeffries is a large modern dealer with plenty of stock :thumby:

Robson's is a small industrial unit with limited stock and an owner with a bad attidude. If he finds out you have no intention of buying you will probably get a parking ticket :augie

Thanx for the suggestions everyone. Went from Squires to Jeffries and was very impressed with the service, mind you that might have been helped by the very nice courtesy car I'd been given when I dropped the car off for her service. Never been offered so many coffees.
Good selection of stock, FAcs and GSA's to cobble dogs with. Plenty of nice RT's as well, but sadly no new K16 for me to ogle.

I did notice this waiting to be picked up though.

IMAG0509_zps93955087.jpg

From their I went to All Terrain bikes to ne studiously ignored for 20omutes and then on to Stif bikes, where the staff couldn't have been more helpful.

What a surprise Saltaire was though, the mill is fantastic, deffo somewhere I'll ne going back to - as well as Jeffries.

A good day, so thanx again.

Apologies for the spelling. Written from my phone in the Services car park on the M62.

Back
Top Bottom