newbie in Somerset

Ian B

Reaction score
hi guys,
picked up my F700GS on Thursday to replace my 10 month old Triumph Street Triple that I had a bit of a spill on and wrote off, but luckily limped away myself..
Had a month to consider my replacement and spent hours hunting the Internet and reading reports, rode a few and made my decision that the F700GS was the bike for me.
So went to my dealer in Bristol where I rode one and got a great deal on there demo bike, 62 plate with 1700 on the clock and fitted with dynamic and comfort pack, alarm, low seat and hand guards and even got some big discount on an Enduro helmet.
So this morning I meet up with my two buddies who both still have Street Triples and went for our normal 120 mile early morning ride. Felt a bit anxious due to being a different sort of bike and still being fresh from my spill, but there was nothing to worry about.
Bike was smooth, gutsy (if a bit slower than my last) comfortable and covers ground deceptively quick and you can get it low on the bends with out any drama, kept of with my buddies no problem.
So after my first trip out, I'm a happy chappie and look forward to many more upright miles.
Ps, Hand guards are being fitted next week
http://

Hello

Welcome, it sounds like you've had a good day.

Regards

Darren:beerjug:

Can't end a hard week at work without a good Sunday morning ride n the sun to unwind.

Feel very stiff in the neck and shoulders today after yesterday's ride.
Can only think it can be the head wind, so I think I might have to invest in a better screen.
Anyone else feel the original screen offers no protection or is just a coincident that I have. Stiff neck and also any suggestions on what screen to get, I want more protection without it having a big touring screen.

Welcome!

With screen check out this thread -

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=336596

Screens are something of a holy grail so there's a lot of trial and error (i'm two years in on a 658 and still not quite there yet!)

Also with neck ache maybe changing your seating/head angle a bit with handlebar risers? Of course, I'm not exactly sure of how you sit but for me they brought me a bit more upright which make all the difference on longer days. I used 20mm ones that didn't require any messing with longer cables though you'd have to confirm with another post 2012 rider.

Best,

S

Back
Top Bottom