performance improvement

wessie

Reaction score
Forget about ECU flashes, spring changes yadda, yadda.

The best performance upgrade you can make is a set of Michelin PR3 Trail tyres. I thought the OE Bridgestone Battlewings were okay but these PR3s are awesome. Steering is so much sharper and they track around corners so much better, without the huge amount of counter-steering needed on the OE tyres.

See my other tyre thread for the fuel card promo valid until Friday...

You sure that a lot of the "sharpness" isn't due to fitting new tyres over old?

Every time I put on new tyres - I think "Yes! - these are the boys!"

Al

Mine came with Tourance EXP's.

Still not decided on future Tyres with the choices being PR3's / Roadsmart 2's / Tourance Next / TR91's / BT-023's

So many good tyres to choose from, probably come down to whatever is on the best deal and if I really like a tyre I just tend to stick with it - on the GS it was the original Roadsmarts

I have a set of PR3 Trails on my 1200GSA which I fitted after having some PR3's fitted on my K1100RS. Previously to this I was running Roadsmarts which I was very happy with. When I compare the rear PR3 Trail fitted to the GSA from those on the K11 the profile is very different. On the Trails its very flat across a big section of the rear tyre and then there's quite a steep drop off to the softer compound at the edge. On the standard PR3's the profile on the rear is very much more rounded. I guess they did this on the Trails to give a bigger footprint of the hard compound which on a fully loaded Adventure bike would equate to a better mileage. However, for me, I prefer the more rounded profile on the K bike as that gives a better linear change of angle in cornering. On the GSA it can feel like a partly squared off rear tyre from the moment its newly fitted and for me doesn't inspire confidence when cornering hard. So for me, it will be back to Roadsmarts next time as its grip over longevity everytime.

Back
Top Bottom