Italian Lakes

KAS

Hi all we are planning to go to the Italian lakes this year. To that end dose anybody know of any good accommodation in the Como area or any tour organisers who run tours to this area either accompanied or not. Any suggestions to the above or routes etc would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

"I wish you all a Merry Christmas, and hope that we get exactly what we want and not what we deserve"

KAS said:
Does anybody know of any good accommodation in the Como area?

At the northern tip of Lago di Como: Hotel Aurora in Chiavenna. I stayed there twice...very nice.

Located a few clicks east of town on the way to the Maloja Pass and at the foot of the Splügen Pass.

They also operate the restaurant/pizzeria across the road.

Try this link. Hotel Aurora

I went to the Italian Lakes with a mate that runs a tour company.

He's not running that tour next year. He tends to rotate them in a 3 year cycle so it will probably be back in 2006.

I wouldn't go on one of his tours at the full rate anyway. Too bloody expensive. I get a special rate :D

We stayed at Lake Garda - the northern end. It's quieter than some of the other resorts. There did not seem to be coach loads of old folks everywhere.

We were in Torbole. Most of the people there had come for watersports. Lots of lycra clad totty! Food was ace. Riva del Garda is nearby which is larger and a very nice place.

Hotel: we used Il Club La Vela, 4 star. http://www.torbole.com/clubhotellavela/

It was a great area for riding the bike too. Dolomites are fairly close. Austrian Tirol to the north.

Back
Top Bottom