Catalyst Replacements

Paul Young

Under-used member
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Does anyone know the difference between a Remus "Y" piece (available from Motorworks) and the Sebring version (from Bracken/Touratech), besides the price?

The Remus is £235 but the Sebring is only £152. Both accept the sensor for the cat and both are made of stainless steel. Both are modular so will accept the standard end can and so, presumably, each other's end can. I can't see why I should spend £235 when I can get the same thing cheaper. Any answers?

Cheers,

-----
Paul
'00 R1150GS - "Paddy"

According to a guy I spoke to at Bracken, they're even made in the same factory!! I think you'll find that there's no basic difference between the two. They both do exactly the same job. Maybe the finish isn't as good? I believe there is a slight difference in the end cans though, in that the Sebring is a bit quieter. Probably why I've got a Remus "Y" and race can

-----
Steve Currell
Cambridge, UK
'01 1150GS

I agree, my understanding is they come from the same place.
They all fit together, i've got a Remus tail pipe and the Sebring 'Y' piece.

-----
Regards Charlie

Backfire on the overun

Have replaced the cat but now get a backfire on the overun. Anyone else had this problem, could it cause problems in the future?

Re: Backfire on the overun

Bill Logan said:
Have replaced the cat but now get a backfire on the overun.

Yeah, lovely innit?

Apparently it's quite common when changing exhausts. If you want to get rid of it you need to make sure you've got a really good seal at the joints. Use plenty of exhaust paste stuff.
Can't see how it could cause any problems.

Back
Top Bottom