Not just here to buy stuff..

spoonman

Reaction score
Hello! Thought I'd introduce myself before bothering everyone in the for sale section.
I've just bought my first BMW, a low mileage 2006 1200GS. After a brilliant trip to the Alps last year on my Yamaha and my wife agreeing to going away with me nothing but a GS would do!
Seems like a great forum, you've even managed to make Hitler as cute as a button!! :ronno

Hello! Thought I'd introduce myself before bothering everyone in the for sale section.
I've just bought my first BMW, a low mileage 2006 1200GS. After a brilliant trip to the Alps last year on my Yamaha and my wife agreeing to going away with me nothing but a GS would do!
Seems like a great forum, you've even managed to make Hitler as cute as a button!! :ronno

Welcome to the forum spoonman :thumb2

So what trips have you got planned for this year, the GS is perfect for long distance riding. Its comfortable for both you and your pillion (your wife) and with a good tank range more miles can be covered before having to scout for a petrol station :thumb2

What did you ride before?

Last edited:
1) get a thick skin......
2) A sense of humour (you are half or may of the way there already, good first post :thumb)
3) give as good as you get, if not more back, but never lose sight of who you are
4) welcome, even if you do ride a fekking 1200 :blast

:kissy2

Welcome Spoonman ... get your shirt sleeves rolled up and get stuck in.

I hope you get loadsa miles'n smiles in with that thar 1200 :thumb

:beerjug:

Actually buying stuff off here is a huge part of why I'm here. Then the rest of the place is bonus.

Welcome 'n get stuck in.

Thanks for all the welcomes! My last bike was also my first, a 600 Fazer. It served me well over 8 years. I hope the BMW lasts me twice that!!
The tour we did last year was epic! Also ridiculous.. We ended up with 7 full days in the Alps and managed to ride almost every big pass in Switzerland, Austria, Italy and France! Some very long days..
Thinking of a trip to the Pyreneese next month. I'll get my hit of the Alps when I hike the high route from Chamonix to Zermatt in August!
Looking forward to a few weekends away too before the winter arrives. I like to ride the N56 from Letterkenny to Donegal every year and can't wait to ride the bumpy bits in comfort!

Back
Top Bottom